“Lovely food”

Ranked #124 of 1,595 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$7 - US$50
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located on the Lobby Level of the 5 star Duxton Hotel Perth, Firewater Grille is an elegant and stylish addition, not only to the hotel, but to Perth’s restaurant scene for everyone to enjoy. Open every day for Breakfast, Lunch, High Tea or Dinner. The concept for Firewater Grille is for patrons to enjoy an interactive dining experience, with decor designed to create a unique ambience that differs for each meal service. Within the restaurant is a stunning “retro style” cocktail bar where you can enjoy a pre-dinner drink before being seated at your table, or simply enjoy something tasty from our Tapas Menu.
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Staff need training in observation as they didn’t clear the used dishes very quickly, but the steaks we ate were wonderful.

Bruce D, Restaurant Manager at Firewater Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Jules1942,
Thank you for the review and I appreciate that you enjoyed the steak. I did learn about your observation with concern and we will provide the necessary training so this does not happen in the future.
Thank you and have a nice evening.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Meeting old friends today. The Duxton never fails to impress, delicious food and excellent service from a lovely wait staff team.

This is an excellent,value for money, buffet lunch enjoyed in a lovely classic setting, sitting in very comfy chairs. The service is friendly and attentive but not intrusive. A nice affordable quality selection of wines to choose from ranging in price.

Many delicious food choices, soup, cold and hot selections, something for everyone with a nice array of scrumptious desserts, chocolates and lollies. A cheese selection to finish.

Coffee was self serve however our waiter took our orders for cappuccinos, lattes etc. included in the buffet price and delivered hot and delicious to our table. A nice touch.

This is not the biggest buffet in town but it is certainly value for money and an excellent choice whether its a quiet lunch or a celebration.

The Duxton always delivers. We will be back. A very enjoyable day.Thankyou

Dear waterman2012,

Thank you very much for your great review. At the Duxton we are always trying to do our best, I am very happy to read that you appreciate everything we do here. Thank you again for your fantastic review and we are looking forward for your next visit.
Have a great evening.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Travelling for work so good to pop down and get a nice meal that doesn't consist of chips with everything (but you can get chips and they are YUM!) Steak cooked to perfection and fresh buttered vege. Sticky date pudding was a bit disappointing - very sweet and pricey. Service is great. Wear a cardigan - a bit breezy!

Bruce D, Restaurant Manager at Firewater Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear viv,

Thank you for your great review. I have passed on your comments to the Head Chef and the team. We hope we can provide the same level of service and the steak will be cooked to perfection again for your next visit.
Have a nice evening.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 February 2018

The meal I had here was really good, an eye fillet steak, rare and served that way. My only let down was when the waiter asked my what sauce I'd like, I asked him if they had any horseradish and he said no, so I opted for the pepper sauce. Once delivered, I was also presented with a plate of condiments which had 4 types of mustard, salt and...horseradish...a slight annoyance I suppose and more a reflection on the waiter than the food/kitchen, the pepper sauce drizzled across my steak was good and went well when transferred to my potatoes, vegetables included on the plate instead of a side dish to be paid for separately is also a positive..The steak and my glass of red wine was excellent, so was my little cheese platter and glass of sticky that I followed it up with. A nice way to finish a long day. So close to 5 stars....Waiter/Horseradish lost you one..

Bruce D, Restaurant Manager at Firewater Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Graham A,

I thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and comments from your recent dinner with us.The comments will be used in a positive way to help us in our ongoing efforts to continually improve our services.
I have personally reviewed your comments and I am please that you enjoyed your meals. I also have investigated with the waiter and on the night and I apologise for the service or lack thereof that you received. I have been assured by the team that this type of service will not be accepted in the future. The staff on that evening will undergo further training in the near future.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We went to the Duxton Firewater grille for my birthday lunch today. Almost had the place to ourselves as this just started this week. The lovely waiter said more bookings for next week. What good value for money. $34.95 for a buffet lunch. Good choices and beautiful food. The BBQ pork ribs so yummy. Just lovely service and wouldn't hesitate to go again

Dear M B,
I was glad to read you review on your lunch buffet and I have also personally commended the team for service and pass on the comment to the Executive Chef. Thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you in The Firewater Grille in the near future.
Have a great afternoon.