“Definitely worth the trip.”
Review of My Bayon

My Bayon
Ranked #144 of 1,546 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Description: Predominantly Cambodian with Thai and Vietnamese influences, My Bayon offers authentic flavour sensations of Southeast Asian Cuisines. "Think Flavour Remember My Bayon"
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We went to My Bayon for a birthday and we weren't disappointed. The food was so delicious and tasty. We will definitely be back again.

1  Thank Kelly L

Reviewed 14 October 2017

This was the best meal we had during our stay in Perth. The dishes were all fresh, excellently cooked and value for money. The staff were brilliant too. A different take on Asian food. Highly recommended..

1  Thank SandyDave
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

New Cambodian restaurant on William Street ! Nicely decorated. The waitresses are super friendly and very knowledgeable with the food on the menu. They were very helpful in explaining what some of the foods on the menu were and gave great recommendations !
The food we've had at My Bayon on all visits ( been there 5 times now) has been delicious ! Very tasty, with subtle flavours and great value for money. It's BYO too ! ( for now anyway ).
Definitely recommend everyone to try this place, especially those that are outside queuing up for the restaurant next door, which I think is overrated and the food only very mediocre !

1  Thank Bulliesbest
Reviewed 6 September 2017

William Street in Northbridge is a maze of Asian cuisine. From dusk, restaurants from every location in SE Asia begin to fill with expats and locals. In Asia, the rule of thumb is that if locals eat there, it must be good. In Western Australia, that is a little harder to do, because it is a mix of so many nationalities.

We found My Bayon via our bank manager. Yes, true story! Her family came to Australia when she was just seven years old, fleeing the Pol Pot regime in Cambodia. After deciding Sydney was too cold, the family moved to tropical Darwin but eventually settled in Perth.

This restaurant is a family affair, and celebration of their heritage, and love of their new country. From the red umbrellas hanging from the ceiling and friendly atmosphere to street food that is just so delicious, it was easy to see why they filled up quickly, despite only being open four weeks.

The stunning entrance brings you into the elegance of Cambodia. We were able to pre-organise a banquet as there was a group of us, so we got to try everything from delicious garlic rice to rice paper spring rolls. Here is our menu, and I can say it is the best SE Asian food I have tasted in Australia!

Entrees

Char kreoun beef
Chicken amok
Citrus cured beef salad
Garlic rice

I recommend everything on the list!

I am not sure if it is going to be ongoing, but we received a delightful gift of a traditional head scarf, folded traditionally, as we arrived. All staff were warm and it was like being welcomed into their home.

Out back, family cook in a modern kitchen that is clean and filled with aromas.

Currently BYO wine and beer, but that may change, so check first. Most SE Asian restaurants are BYO wine.

I cannot recommend highly enough, and that is such a big statement, having lived in Indonesia for five years! Street food at its most scrumptious best. Well done to the family, we will definitely be back!

2  Thank Creatavision
Reviewed 3 September 2017

My Bayon offers authentic tasting, great value for money Cambodian cuisine with very friendly service. We visited twice in the last week and were impressed on both occasions. The Amok Barramundi curry and garlic fried rice were stand-out dishes.

1  Thank Mike M