“Very Spicy ”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Perth
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I like my food spicy and the heat in my food suited me, but if you are used to eating the Aussie staple of butter chicken then this is not the place for you. My wife’s chicken tikka masala was the hottest I’ve ever tasted and even with the addition of some yoghurt was still way too hot. Even the entrees were very spicy.
Despite the heat the dishes were very tasty with generous potions, and if you are a spice lover you will definitely enjoy Balti.
Service was a little average.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Was visiting Perth for the Oil n Gas meet this week. One of the friends from Woodside recommended Balti.

Having eaten all over India, I would found the food at Balti one of the Top 10 meals.

There was 6 of us and were treated to some amazing flavours in each dish
all of which were all different and even both the Tandoori Lamb Cutlets and Tandoori Chicken Tikka tasted different and full of flavours.

For me all Indian restaurants have similar type of curries but what differentiates a good Indian restaurant is the Tandoori cooking which is a hallmark of a good North Indian Cuisine and Balti certainly lived up to that standard. The portions were generous and the service was spot on.

Well done!! Glad we choose to experience such authentic food without compromising on the spice level being in Australia.

Keep it going.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 6pm on a Tuesday evening. We were not greeted as we waited at for our table. We were told to follow and were lead to where we would eat. Eventually a waiter came and asked "what drinks do you want?" He had begun walking away to make them before we had even finished ordering. Soon after food orders were taken on our request. My Strawberry Daquiri was placed in front of me, overflowing and melting all over the table. The waitress disappeared quickly tracing back the steps of the daquiri droplet trail she had led to the table. We used our single paper napkins to remedy the mess she had made on the table with my cocktail since it clearly wasn't important to her. The food came quickly, it was not presented to the table.. just dropped in front of us and then the wait staff rushing off. Not sure for what reason, as there were only 5 other tables in the restaurant. There was a very obvious "can't be bothered" attitude with the front of house which left us feeling uncomfortable.
The food was lovely everything seasoned perfectly and well balanced spices, this being the only reason we hadn't walked out of the venue.
Again mains were dropped in front of us without a word, we quickly finished our delicious meal.
No-one brought us the cheque so we walked together to the till. Despite standing together only my partner was asked how he enjoyed the meal, bit rude really.. surely its not too hard to address both of us?
The food here is delicious and the one star is for the kitchen but unfortunately terrible and dismissive service doesn't represent the food at all and left us feeling underwhlemed. We will not be returning nor recommending to anyone.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing.food is full of flavours.
Service is very professional and friendly.
All the best Balti restaurant staff.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Son who was a chef recommended this place. It didn’t disappoint. Very modern and spotless inside. Service was impeccable. No rush to order , or go when finished. Wine and beer list very good. Food SPECTACULAR. Wouldn’t go anywhere else for Indian at its finest.

3  Thank linda s