“A Delightful Surprise”

Chapas
Ranked #131 of 1,587 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Reviewed 9 August 2018

My Partner and I stumbled across this restaurant on a cold Tuesday night. It exceeded our expectations, the food was absolutely delicious and the customer service was fantastic, a true breath of fresh air. We'll definitely be back again! I'm not usually a fan of Asian cuisine but this restaurant is a step above the rest.

Thank Renata Alexandr... G

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We went to Chapas last Saturday - on a friend’s recommendation - and thoroughly enjoyed it. We chose the option where they bring out suggested plates and are so glad we did. My husband who ‘hates eggplant’ loved the eggplant starter without knowing what he was eating, which gives you an idea of how good it was! The chocolate dessert was lovely too. Looking forward to returning. Parking spaces could be a problem, but we were lucky.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Every time we dine at Chapas its a masterclass in perfection, the "let Chapas feed you" at just $55pp is a journey of the chefs signature dishes and each time we have it, the food is perfection, course after course.

The ambience is warm and inviting matched with the friendly and attentive service of Karen and her team. Even after dinner we was treated to a Japanese whiskey with the owners which was a perfect end to an amazing dining experience!

Sensational venue, cannot wait to dine again

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a meal before going to a show at the Astor Theatre which is very close.

What a great restaurant. Stylish and very friendly. And the food as excellent. Asian dishes in a Tapas style. Small dishes to share and they were ALL excellent.

I will go back - definitely.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Chapas for a date last night en route to a show across the road. Arrived late for our reservation and the staff could not have been nicer about it. When the wife explained we were going to a show at 8pm so needed to be quick they were on the spot explaining the quickest dishes to cook.

We ordered popcorn chicken, cumin spiced pork with applesauce, lamb dumplings and wok fried vegetables. And wine to wash it all down.

The cumin pork was delicious. The wok fried veg was very tasty and hot with lots of chilli. I was glad I had wine to cool my mouth!! But that was a good thing. The lamb dumplings had a hint of fennel in them and were crispy on the outside. Maybe I’m a man of simple tastes sometimes but for me, and the wife, the popcorn chicken was the winner on the night. Crispy, bitesize, and very reminiscent of salt and chilli chicken that we get in Ireland, it was so good that after the show I asked if we could go in for more!! Add to that a very decent Sauv Blanc from Marlborough and dinner last night was very good.

Chapas is in the Perth entertainment book so with discount our four dishes and two wines came to $55. Fantastic value. The only way I can think to finish this review is this: I can’t wait to go back.