“Great Asian Mix”

Ranked #1,758 of 4,579 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

30,000 meals served from their various locations each week...according to their blurb. I would believe it. Many Asian classics and favs dished up quick. You take you own order, give it to the waiters, they invoice you and the foods arrive steaming in no time. All the classics like duck and dumplings through to spicy ribs and Laksa personified. Asian Maccas LOL.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I had the hot sour soup and the Chicken and mushroom fried rice
The soup was good but very little chicken in the fried rice and it was a bit greasy The restaurant was clean but old and needs a makeover

Reviewed 22 February 2018

The food here was pretty good, we had some BBQ pork, crispy pork , dumplings and Japanese chicken. We even had some rice noodles which we did not order but were told we were wrong! (ordered fried rice for the kids) . The noodles were a little dry but pretty tasty to be fair.
But the service here really is short of the mark. Firstly you have to write down your own order? Ok but when you do write it down and its misinterpreted YOU are wrong!
Then the waitresses are rude and rushed, slammed down dishes onto the table as if to announce them. We had to ask for plates twice! I'm all for casual but plates seem a basic. Then there are no serviettes....None. Wipe your hands on your t-shirts kids.
The communal toilets are interesting too, nothing like seeing an old lady get her gear back on after dessert. I guess this joint relies on one off trade and does not care if you come back. Too bad food was good!

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Food wise I really thought it is quite good. We ordered the Roast Duck and Crispy Pork Combi, Stir-fried chicken in thai curry, Wanton Noodle Soup with BBQ Pork and Salted Fish & Chicken Fried rice. Portions are huge, so I suggest order to moderation if you are coming from an Asian country where serving are usually smaller. Service could have been better as the service crew are more of a take your order and go kind - don’t expect them to greet or even flash their smile! But its fine for me as I am there to dine and go too!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

If you are looking for a feed at 3 am be sure to check this place out (it is 24hrs).

Ordered the steam pork dumplings, these were full of flavor and cooked just right. Add a little soya sauce for the extra touch.

I had ordered the Crispy Pork Fried Rice, this was full of flavor and the pork was really crispy. Only thing was it was a little oily.

You place your own order here, so you write down the number you want and how many and they come and collect the order which is a good way of doing it.

Service is pretty good.

Would I go back? Yes, I would if I was looking for something quick and cheap.