“Great coffee and cakes - lovly bread”

Laurent Bakery- Patissierie East Melbourne
Ranked #12 of 52 Bakeries in Melbourne
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Stop here regularly as we all think this is the best coffee in Melbourne. The cakes and lunches are also fantastic and its a good place for lunch. Staff are always friendly and you can get a beautiful loaf of bread to take home...Yummy

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We went to the Ivanhoe Laurent Bakery for a afternoon tea of colour sensation of cake. And coffee. It was cheap on the hip pocket but For a special treat it was worth it.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Always fresh and tasty food. Great for a light brunch or lunch. Very good coffee. Friendly service. recommended.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

This place is a complete joke. I don’t understand why it’s consistently busy. The clientele are all much older so assuming they are locals out for a wonder. The staff here are hopeless and all need to go spend a week At Macdonalds to understand what their job is. I ordered an avacado toast, there were 4 in front of me, but rather than hand one over I waited 20 minutes while the girl stuffed around trying to make one. In the time I waited I saw other people served before me. However they were served the wrong things

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

5 stars for the food and drinks.

3 stars for customer service.

The staff seemed not happy serving the customers. One of the photos (milkshake) was a disaster. If they saw it as an art, I thought it as disgusting. That was how our milkshake being served!

I had an incident where I went in around 6.40AM as I’m a shift worker. This lady told me that they’re not open yet in an unfriendly tone and pointed the trading hours written on the door.

I was confused as the days prior to that, I saw tradies getting their coffees and were served. I bought donuts without any issues before too.

However, I don’t hold grudges so I still dine in with friends at least once a month after work.

I like their chicken pie with leek, it comes with small serve of greens. I also like their iced chocolate- no ice but with ice cream.

Danish pastries are superb!