All reviews aldi supermarket great location indoor pool queen victoria markets apartment was clean cooking facilities swanston st car parking serviced daily full kitchen single bed great apartment tram station free tram zone the heart of the city would stay again public transport
Reviewed 25 March 2018

My husband, daughter and myself had 2 bedroom apartment from 21 May to 24 May 2018. Found the apartment to be very clean. Sufficient utilities to cook, do laundry and ironing. Beds were reasonably comfortable. Plenty of additional pillows, linen if required. Room service in terms of servicing the apartments was slow given on our second day they did not arrive until about 16 00 hours. We were having a nap so told them to just leave clean towels. The rooms are occupied by students to a large degree so I am not sure how that impacts on casual visitors but for the price we paid I would have expected our room to be have been serviced before this time. The location is very noisy- no fault of the Milano but just be aware that a lot of construction is happening so if you want a quiet, tranquil apartment this is not for you. The gentl man on reception was very accommodating given we arrived before the designated check in time. We would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for a high level room to minimise noise from building works
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Neeceyrose
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Very poor. This is a serviced apartment in a building that includes residents. I booked 13 nights pre-paid cost AUD$2,990, stayed on 14th floor.

A dog was able to get into my room! A small dog (had been yapping for hours in the next room) was somehow able to squeeze between a barrier to get onto my private balcony, then enter the room through the window. Building manager and staff came, although as they did not know what to do, let it back into my room several times. It was in my room for about 30-45 minutes. They told me residents may have dogs and this is outside the control of the serviced apartmts. My room smelt and I think fleas or similar biting bugs on carpet!)

I did not receive an apology, I'm very disappointed that a greater courtesy was not given to me for putting up with this significant and alarming disruption. (I also think hotels.com should inform people prior to booking if there is a likelihood of dogs being in your room; not everyone likes small dogs, and some of us are allergic.)

Building and room are fresh-looking, but on close inspection condition of the room is not good (broken services, soap dish hanging off wall, cracked bathroom tiles, mouldy seals around bath, range-hood fell off on me while cooking, dishwasher not working).

Very noisy due to major works on Franklin/Swanston street, windows not double-glazed, plaster-board walls carry noise (eg dogs barking). I was told I could move rooms but as this is a work trip I was too busy to make arrangements. I generally feel that hotels and short-term stay accommodation should not expect guests to make the time to arrange shifting rooms, especially if the room is already dirty or has damage prior to the guest arriving.

Not recommended at all.

Room tip: Good views but very noisy
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank RobC3552
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Location, location, location. Very well located with an Aldi's right next door and a stone's throw to a few pubs, QV market and the city, and quite easy to get to from the airport.

Looks modern and sleek, good kitchen appliances, washing machine cum dryer provided yet, the bathroom drain is broken, the doors won't lock properly, the two way toilet light switch didn't work properly. We had 8th and 11th floor, and thank goodness we did as there were construction works going on right below as they are building the new metro link, which meant construction noise going on well beyond 12am, and then by 8am it all starts again. Don't let this be a point against the place though, its just something to look out for if you are a light sleeper.

Don't get me wrong, I was quite happy to be here, the space afforded by the 2 rooms meant the children had space to roam around, just that I felt that maybe maintenance could be stepped up just a bit more to polish off the whole good experience I had in my week's stay here.

As it is I would stay here again, but I am also sure that I would be open to consideration to other places too.

Room tip: Check if the metro construction has completed before you book
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The apartments are good but small. Clean with full kitchen. The only problem is the noise from the rail they are doing right outside. Never stopped all night. Better get ear plugs that is what I had to do to get some sleep.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Would have been a 0 if not for the gym and pool setup. The 2 bedroom apartment was tiny and stuffy with no airflow.
The air conditioner blew air but was not cool. We asked for 2 x King beds and ended up with 1 king and 2 singles.
There was no housekeeping for the duration of our stay (3 nights). When you pay nearly $300 per night you expect fresh towells. There was also no extra towel to use at the gym or pool and the water dispenser was broken in the gym
Overall a very underwhelming experience from a place that looks a lot better online than it does in real life.
Photos clearly can be deceiving.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trent C