“Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Great Location”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Very nice hotel excellent room with views of the river Yarra and city. We arrived early in the morning and faced a long wait to get into our room (2.00pm check in). The lady on reception took my mobile number we went for a walk and she phoned when the room was ready, this at 11.00 am, excellent service!

Not all perfect however, if you have a car you can only have valet parking and the price of this varies daily from A$30 to A$40 - a rip off.

The cost of internet access in the room is also very high (A$28 per day)

Hotel is in a good location, walking distance to the main attractions and is directly connected to the Casino which has several restaurants and a very good food court.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peters101
Greg M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was pleasing to read your room was ready for your early arrival and your positive comments in relation to the service you received is appreciated. We apologise for any misunderstanding in regards to the car parking rates, our in house guests receive the set rate of $28.00 per car per day however for non-hotel guests the price does fluctuate based on demand. Our internet fee is $25.00 for 24 hours and we do have other options for guests who may need to just quickly check something on the internet without signing up for 24hours – once again please accept our apologies if this wasn’t explained to you.

Thanks again for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Crown Promenade Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Our daughter wanted to stay in Melbourne to celebrate her 8th birthday, and chose Promenade from a list of hotels near the restaurant chosen for dinner. Princess.

Her assessment of the room: Amazing. It was great to look out of the big window from high up, and I could see the sea. I loved the big shower and the big television.

My assessment: Basically, I'd agree with her assessment of the room. We had two queen-sized beds which were very comfortable, the bathroom was well sized and usable. The room was clean and functional. And my pet rating: even the iron and board were in good condition.

What was bad was check-out.

We booked and paid for the room online, through the Crown Promenade website. The booking was in my wife's name. At check-in and check-out she presented her Crown Club card, but was refused the membership discount on the grounds it had already been factored into the room price. Rubbish. At no time did the booking system have knowledge of Crown Club membership, and we took a rate that was available to anyone.

Anyone can make mistakes, but for the check-out person to stand her ground and ARGUE the situation for almost ten minutes was not good sense. A quick call to a manager was the appropriate action to quickly fix the problem and move on to the next customer.

A pity, this reduced our opinion of an otherwise good stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RonDunn
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during check-out, please call us on (03) 9292 8160 so we may discuss this further.

Burton-on-Trent
Reviewed 23 April 2012

A very good hotel in a good location south of the Yarra River. The staff were very friendly and helpful (there were staff to open the doors of the hotel for us - as if we were royalty!). It is easy to walk to the city centre from this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the terrific review.

Your positive comments will be shared with our team who take immense pride and care to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Essex
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The views were stunning from our room, with floor to ceiling windows in bedroom and bathroom.
The staff were very helpful as we had arived to see the Grand Prix but our tickets were still in England. We were given directions to the transport for the day, and had a fantastic time. The hotel is well placed for transport around the town and has a courtesy bus if needed. A wonderful stay -would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for the positive review.

Many of our guests comment on and appreciate the views from our rooms which isn’t always the case with city hotels. As we’re located on Southbank it’s only a small walk into the city centre or you are more than welcome to take our complimentary hotel shuttle with stops throughout the city.

Thanks again for the review and hopefully we’ll see you back for next years’ GP.

Denpasar
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here 8 - 13 Feb 12. Room & breakfast were great, but staffs were not helpful. I booked the room included breakfast. One day prior to check out, I asked for our bill and apparently they charged the breakfast again. I showed the reception staff my booking confirmation letter where I have booked & paid for breakfast. It was a bit dispute as the supervisor mentioned couldn't take out all the breakfast charge due to system restriction, but finally it was solved after handled by another supervisor. I finally found out that the breakfast was charged again as the supervisor who handled the check in didnt give me the breakfast coupon. Second experience, I asked for scale to concierge, he mentioned didnt have any. I mentioned my friend who checked out the day before got the scale from concierge. Then he asked my friend's room number, he mentioned the room is occupied by other guest now so he couldnt take the scale out now. Then I mentioned the housekeeping staff should take the scale back when they cleaned up the room after guest check out. Then the staff promised to give me early morning the following day. Fortunately he came to send the scale to my room 1 hour afterwards. Third experience, I asked for courier service to the concierge. I need to send some stuffs to Perth prior to check out (I check out Monday morning), but since it was Sunday the concierge staff ask me to arrange with the Business Centre. When I called business centre they asked me to arrange to concierge. They sent me back & forth. I dont considered this as a 4 or 5 star hotel service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was disappointed to learn of the service issues you experienced as this is not characteristic of our usual standards, please accept my sincere apologies.

We would like the opportunity to discuss your experiences further so please contact us at your convenience on (03) 9292 8160.