“Nice hostel but small rooms”
Review of Space Hotel

Space Hotel
Perth
“Nice hostel but small rooms”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This hostel has everything a hostel can have... exept for large rooms !
This is really the only drawback of my experience. There were little place for luggage and stuff, and littler place on the top dorm bed (it was impossible to sit on my bed, the ceilling was too low)

Otherwise, everything was great: brand new hostel, large kitchen, lots of shared facilities (sport center, TV room, reading room, roof, jacuzzi !)
Exept for the A/C blowing on one bed, the room are well designed: lots of plugs (there are plugs in the lockers which are just beside the beds: a must have!!), small well hidden for others reading light

And the hostel is in the fringe of the CBD.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Very unwelcomed feeling along with bad reception, unfriendly nature towards tourists... No time for your concern.. I was very unhappy with my stay and the staff running reception:(

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Angelpieicecream
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed here with my sister, and we were in a twin room. The room itself was sparce. It was okay. I didn't think it was bad and the beds were comfortable. Big TV as well. The only thing was the fact that there is an air vent to pump fresh air into the room right where one of the beds were positioned. I don't understand why they didn't just swap the room around so that our feet would be where the vent was rather our heads. We had to improvise and put a towel up to reduce the flow.

The bathrooms are shared, and although there are a lot they aren't cleaned enough unfortunately for me. I've stayed at a hostel in London where there are cleaners always around cleaning the bathrooms. Here the bathrooms smelt a little.

There is a kitchen, rooftop BBQ, cinema room and gym. I didn't take advantage of any of this, and would swap these facilities for cleaner bathrooms or private bathrooms.

My decision to stay was last minute otherwise I would have paid to stay at a proper hotel. I would say overall my experience was okay, but I think I don't think I'd stay there again because I would probably pay to stay in a hotel where I could grab a private bathroom.

Room Tip: I think the top levels you don't even have the option to change the temperatures of the room so...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The space hotel is located right in the centre (CBD), which makes it easy to walk most distances in this area. I cannot say anything about shared rooms, the private rooms are okay. If next to the street it can be a bit noisy. The Hotel has a lot of good facilities including a nice rooftop terrace with whirlpool. I think it is a good choice for two or three night, you get decent quality and hygiene, but it is not cheap!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at Space Hotel 31 March- 2 April and 4-7 April. Both times were in a 6 bed female dorm. The rooms were quite small and I had some difficulties with having enough space to open the bag. The beds were very comfortable, although the top bunk is so high that there's not much space to even sit up. The bathrooms were right next to each room and very modern and clean.

The front desk staff was very helpful and even arranged for access to the showers when we arrived before the check in time.

The hostel is within a walking distance from restaurants and shopping. Italian district Carlton is just 10min walk away.

I had a good stay and would definitely stay at Space Hotel when visiting Melbourne next time. Might consider taking a double room though, to have a bit more space.

Room Tip: The 7th floor rooms were recently renovated and the bathrooms were modern and clean.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends