1,565 results
All reviews double tree flinders street warm cookies opposite the train station great location on arrival building next door king room fed square central location rooms are small yarra river the heart of the city upon check south bank checking in would stay again
Reviewed 21 September 2018

We had reserved two rooms with city views, when we got there we were told there was only one with a king bed and we were assigned rooms on two different floors. After a lot of negotiating we got one king and one queen next to each other. Turns out that was pointless as there was construction outside so nothing pretty to look at. Got the note about construction after we got to the room rather than from the desk at check in. Other than that, our stay was good. The concierge desk was very helpful with advice on how to get to restaurants, flight check in, taxi booking, and we appreciated the bowl full of apples there. We were close to shopping and restaurants and the south bank, which was really busy on Friday night.

Room Tip: Ask about construction before accepting a room
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
GarryL278, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Spiderwomen56

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

I apologise for the confusion over your room allocation and the disappointment regarding the outlook.

I am pleased to see that you othereise enjoyed your stay and were well looked after by our team.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a quick stay for the weekend - met by a gentlemen at service desk who I couldn’t describe as anything but charming and happy. Quick checkin followed by complementary cookies - a nice touch. All the staff over the weekend were lovely.

Room was clean , good size and nicely furnished. I’m a Hilton honours member so have stayed at a few Hilton’s In other major city’s but honestly prefer the double trees style and overall vibe.

If you want a reasonable room rate , centre of town then look no further.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
GarryL278, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear JimboSyd

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay last weekend.

I am delighted to see that you received our warm DoubleTree welcome and the convenience of our super central Melbourne location.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights when visiting a friend. It is a good location for access to many attractions and restaurants in Melbourne. I would recommend to stay here if you want easy walking access and easy access to public transportation.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GarryL278, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Laurabottger

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

It was great to see you found our super central Melbourne location worked well for your stay.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

A good central city hotel with good facilities and friendly and helpful staff. Loved that there were a range of eating options in the lane nearby and walking distance to CBD and Southbank. Opposite Flinders St Station and down the road from Federation square

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GarryL278, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear JohnA1086AU

I am pleased to that you enjoyed all that our very central location has to offer.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights with my brother as there was an event in the city we both attended.

I must say first and foremost the staff are what make this hotel so comfortable and great. At times you could almost forget your nestled in the heart of the CBD. Unlike some city hotels they continually display a calm and relaxed persona regardless of how busy they are.

I honestly can’t fault this hotel in anyway and rate them a clear and comfortable 5 stars as my experience personally was amazing.

One thing I would urge people to be mindful about is to make sure you order the appropriate room beforehand as some are more tiny in size, some don’t have windows and some rooms are to the contrary are spectacular. It is no different to any other hotel in this regard. All room are unremarkable in cleanliness and being tidy.

Additionally as a Hilton Honors member all I had to do was use the app to speak to the front desk. They also open up communication via text message. In additional all wifi was taken care of as I was an Honors member.

I must say I was blown away by the attentiveness, care and professional nature of the staff it really took me by surprise and that’s something we want.

One last thing I’ll add is parking is offsite but it’s such a minor walk it isn’t really an issue.

I will return to this hotel again in the future.

I would like to thank all staff for helping with the stay, in particular Anu, Kim, Joshua and all the rest that helped me organise an appropriate room.

Stayed: September 2018
GarryL278, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear MelbourneAus85

It is fantastic to see that you enjoyed the service and you experienced from our team.

I hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Garry