“Bad experience with Viator”

Winebus Winery Tours
Ranked #24 of 112 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We will take you to gorgeous Yarra Valley Wineries and Vineyards with expansive views as well as intimate boutique wineries where you can enjoy a delicious wine pairing and conversations with experienced sommeliers. Join-In Yarra Valley Wine Tours provide a social and light-hearted way to enjoy the best the Valley has to offer. Enjoy wine tastings at four wineries, an a la carte lunch and a visit to the famous Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery. Our Private Yarra Valley Wine Tours give you a dedicated tour guide in your own private vehicle. You may choose which wineries, breweries and distilleries you wish to visit or we can help you plan a tour based on your preferences.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

"driver"
in 33 reviews
"coldstream"

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We looked forward to a relaxed and enjoyable tour but a few things spoiled it. First, the tour started almost an hour late as we had to wait for a few latecomers. This isn't the fault of the agency technically but do we have to wait no matter how long? Then during the trip some visitors got very excited and kept on speaking loudly and even yelling at times. This created discomfort to other visitors but we didn't see any intervention except once, which was only a mild advice without anyone paying attention to. Having said that, I'd like to compliment that the wineries were good choice!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I travelled with my friend on 31 March. We arrived St Paul's Cathedral punctually at 9:15 am. The journed was spoiled right at the beginning because we had to wait 40 minutes for three late customers before the bus started to move. There should be some guidelines on the waiting time for late passengers or else it would be very unfair to those who are punctual. A waiting time of 15 minutues is acceptable.
After visiting the first winery we got back to the bus and found that our seats were occupuied by other customers. Driver took no action. This happened again after the second winery tour! . Again this is not fair. There should be some house rules on the arrangement of seats. To show respect to passengers, whoever wants to swap his/her seat should consult others first.
A group of customers was very irresponsible. The people were very noisy and screamed and shouted and sang loudly all the way through. Several of them moved around the bus and this was dangerous. Again driver took no action.
I tried to lodge a complaint and was asked to provide a booking confirmation number, which i told them i had lost. I was then transferred to someone who asked me to provide a telephone number. I am from Hong Kong so I provided a HK number, but ridiculously I was told that they won't call an internatinal number and asked me to provide an Indian local number so that they could contact me. Apparently the support unit operates in India but how can a customer who took a Melbourne tour and live in Hong Kong provides an Indian local number?
The tour and after-tour aexperience were horrible.