2,674 results
All reviews crystal club premier suite spice temple yarra river pure luxury tennis courts walk in wardrobe room service turn down service worth every cent valet parking star hotel bottle of champagne pool and gym buffet breakfast standard room city view
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My partner booked a champagne on same day arrival, valet parking & breakfast room package for over $550 for one night for our date night as a treat.
We checked in yesterday at approx 5pm & left the hotel horrified by the service provided by 8:30pm.

After checking in and spending time at the pool (dressed in bathers, slippers & white bath robes) we got into the lifts & tried to get back to our room, only to find out that our hotel room card didn’t work...
This meant that the lift went straight down to ground to collect waiting passengers and we were forced out (not being able to get access to any hotel room levels) in front of an entire lobby and restaurant full of people. (Ground floor of crown and the waiting room restaurant)

Desperate to escape the embarrassment we ducked into another lift and headed back up to the spa to report our card not working, where the receptionist called and advised the front desk to bring one up whilst we waited.

And so we waited and waited.....

Over half an hour later, my partner decided he needed to take action because nothing was happening and braved the lobby and restaurant full of people in his robe and slippers with people pointing and laughing at him to cross the lobby and get a card himself from the reception desk.

The receptionist advised him that they knew nothing of the request and replaced his card.
Once finally back in our room, we called and complained to the managers on duty (x2) who provided different advice saying that they had given a new card to the “bell service staff” who were brought it to the room....
How they thought this would be satisfactory is beyond me especially considering that we we not even able to reach our hotel room floor to meet him and collect the new card & the pool reception had advised them that we were waiting there for it also.

This experience was embarrassing and degrading and unlike anything I’ve ever experienced at a hotel. Even when staying at crown palladium the other month - nothing like this happened and I normally choose to stay at crown metropol and normally receive fantastic experiences there. This was the first time we have stayed at crown towers and it will be the last!

Another Minor issue I’ll note is that when we checked in, no one acknowledged the package we had purchased - reception didn’t ask when we wanted our champagne - we had to call from the room and chase it up (A customer you shouldn’t have to beg for something that they have booked and paid for especially when so inexpensive - it was only a $10 bottle). Little details matter & id expect more from the “luxurious” crown.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jez H
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Jez H,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit.

I am so sorry to learn of your experience with us regarding your room key and can certainly appreciate the inconvenience this caused. The delayed response from my team was indeed unacceptable, and I have already addressed this to avoid any future incidents. I believe our Duty Manager was in contact shortly after you returned to your room to render their assistance.

If there is anything further I can do to assist; please feel free to contact me.

Shaun D’Cruz
Executive General Manager
Crown Hotels Melbourne
+61 3 9292-8888

Reviewed 14 January 2018

My fiancée and I stayed at Crown Towers for my birthday recently in the Deluxe Villa. It was absolutely amazing and worth its money. It was perfect for us. We decided to stay another night but couldn't quite afford the villa again. Thats when it took a turn.

We decided to go with the premier club room which was only $200 cheaper then the villa. We walked in and were instantly disappointed with how little you got for the absurd pricing. It was just a standard room. We called up and immediately told the staff that we didn't want to waste our money on this room as it was disappointing and overpriced so we gave our keys back and went home.

5 days later my fiancee checked her bank account and her account was overdrawn. Crown Towers have charged her $788.00 for the room we spent 2 minutes in. I have tried calling but all they have said is they have no recollection of us checking out and that they have to investigate. THE BED WAS NOT SLEPT IN. THE ROOM WAS EMPTY. We gave the keys back, took our car and left.

While attempting to sort this out, we have been charged $55 for having my car in valet! I would never have taken my car in if I knew I had to pay for it. IT SAYS ITS INCLUDED WITH THE VILLA!!!

As my fiancee is from USA her bank is closed now and for the next 2 days as it is a weekend there so she has no access to her money.

I am appalled by this and I will take it to management. Just wanted everyone to know crown is shady and be careful. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: 30th floor and above
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Molly B

Dear Molly B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I was disappointed to learn of your experience with us and would like to extend my apologies for any confusion. I believe you have since spoken to our Hotel Duty Manager who has resolved this issue to your satisfaction.

If there is anything further I can do to assist, please feel free to contact me.

Shaun D’Cruz
Executive General Manager
Crown Hotels Melbourne
+61 3 9292-8888

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Valet parking, breakfast & bubbly on a coupon deal to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary.
Staff are amazing. Professional, friendly & make you feel
so welcome.
Enjoyed Nobu's Bento Boxes delivered to our room. Anything is possible at Crown!

Room Tip: The higher you go the better view you have.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the Crown Towers with a friend and his faughter and had a great time. The rooms are extremely comfortable, and the staff are very friendly. We went down to the pool which was extremely nice as it had a childrens area with shallow water, a main pool, and very comfortable spa. My only critism is that the spa was almost the same temperature as the pool, and that the pool was over crowded, and they ran out of chairs because people weren't taking their towels with them as they left. Overall it was a really enjoyable stay, and would highly reccomend going here

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Everything about this place was great. Nice contemporary room great view of the city. 28th floor bar with great view of the city. 27th floor gym and pool that goes to the glass awesome views and dont forget to catch the sunset. Underground tunnels give you acess to resturants gambling and night clubs a little something for everyone.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business