“Crown stole my money”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 14 January 2018

My fiancée and I stayed at Crown Towers for my birthday recently in the Deluxe Villa. It was absolutely amazing and worth its money. It was perfect for us. We decided to stay another night but couldn't quite afford the villa again. Thats when it took a turn.

We decided to go with the premier club room which was only $200 cheaper then the villa. We walked in and were instantly disappointed with how little you got for the absurd pricing. It was just a standard room. We called up and immediately told the staff that we didn't want to waste our money on this room as it was disappointing and overpriced so we gave our keys back and went home.

5 days later my fiancee checked her bank account and her account was overdrawn. Crown Towers have charged her $788.00 for the room we spent 2 minutes in. I have tried calling but all they have said is they have no recollection of us checking out and that they have to investigate. THE BED WAS NOT SLEPT IN. THE ROOM WAS EMPTY. We gave the keys back, took our car and left.

While attempting to sort this out, we have been charged $55 for having my car in valet! I would never have taken my car in if I knew I had to pay for it. IT SAYS ITS INCLUDED WITH THE VILLA!!!

As my fiancee is from USA her bank is closed now and for the next 2 days as it is a weekend there so she has no access to her money.

I am appalled by this and I will take it to management. Just wanted everyone to know crown is shady and be careful. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: 30th floor and above
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Molly B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I was disappointed to learn of your experience with us and would like to extend my apologies for any confusion. I believe you have since spoken to our Hotel Duty Manager who has resolved this issue to your satisfaction.

If there is anything further I can do to assist, please feel free to contact me.

Shaun D’Cruz
Executive General Manager
Crown Hotels Melbourne
+61 3 9292-8888

Write a ReviewReviews (2,506)

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Valet parking, breakfast & bubbly on a coupon deal to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary.
Staff are amazing. Professional, friendly & make you feel
so welcome.
Enjoyed Nobu's Bento Boxes delivered to our room. Anything is possible at Crown!

Room Tip: The higher you go the better view you have.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the Crown Towers with a friend and his faughter and had a great time. The rooms are extremely comfortable, and the staff are very friendly. We went down to the pool which was extremely nice as it had a childrens area with shallow water, a main pool, and very comfortable spa. My only critism is that the spa was almost the same temperature as the pool, and that the pool was over crowded, and they ran out of chairs because people weren't taking their towels with them as they left. Overall it was a really enjoyable stay, and would highly reccomend going here

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Everything about this place was great. Nice contemporary room great view of the city. 28th floor bar with great view of the city. 27th floor gym and pool that goes to the glass awesome views and dont forget to catch the sunset. Underground tunnels give you acess to resturants gambling and night clubs a little something for everyone.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Excellent customer service from reservations, reception and housekeeping. Nothing was too much trouble and all my requests were met. Beautiful and spacious room with walk in wardrobe. Stunning bathroom and deep soaking bath with TV. View of Southbank from my room. My only suggestion would be to provide movies on movie channel free of charge. Good, complimentary Wi-fi. Loved my stay and would stay again. Luxurious experience.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear violetta19702015,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a glowing review on Tripadvisor. It is clear you had a wonderful stay with us, and I greatly appreciate your recognition of my hardworking team. We are all dedicated to providing our guests with an unparalleled level of service, and I will be sure to pass on your kind compliments.

We hope to see you back again soon.

Shaun D’Cruz