9,576 results
All reviews old world charm cricketers bar traditional room grand old lady high tea parliament house spring street superior room pillow menu beautiful hotel an upgrade valet parking public transport dame concierge doorman pillows
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Great Hotel. The staff were all friendly and attentive. The breakfast buffet was superb However, needs an improvement on the food in Cricketer's bar. Overall, we had an awesome stay and surely will recommend to our friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David P, General Manager at The Hotel Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Ms Bombio….Cheryll,

Praise indeed.

Thank you for your kind words and rather emphatic recommendation to readers.

The pleasure of your company was ours.

Thank you for your advice. I can confirm that our recently returned Executive Chef is looking at further improvements to the Cricketers Bar menu right now.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Until such time, I remain,

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I enjoyed my stay at the Windsor very much and l will return. The staff were generous, courteous and very professional. The service was amazing. The location of the hotel was extremely convenient. My highlight was the decor in the dinning room. I am a very happy and satisfied customer.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Ms B…Jane,

Wonderful news.

Thank you for such kind and generous consideration in posting this glowing review following your stay here at The Windsor.

We could not ask for more.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

With thanks and kindest regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This is my second visit to the Windsor. The first was 6 years ago and I was still in the records. The hotel is from a period in Australia's history when good service and your experience was the main considerations of an upper class hotel. The staff are courteous and dressed to suit the surrounding opulence and decor of this old hotel. If you are used to modern hotels this may not be for you but for location and a feel good experience I'll stay here every time. Well done all

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Sir,

Thanking you for your kind consideration in posting such a positive review with recommendation to readers following your second visit.

The pleasure of your company was ours and we thank you for your recommendation to readers.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back when next you head east from sunny Perth.

With our thanks from all at The Windsor,

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Good location, and excellent service, until I received bill (by email) and realised that I had been charged an excessive credit card (Amex) fee, which I would have avoided if it had been explained at Registration.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr J…Grahame

We appreciate your kind words and honest feedback.

Sincere apologies for any confusion. We are committed to mentioning this on arrival if presented with an Amex card– we always do on departure, unless of course a guest departs without coming to the desk.

Perhaps we were not clear when you arrived. We shall address.

Fees for other credit cards are invariably lower reflective of our costs.

If I can be of any further assistance here please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hoping that we may look forward to welcoming you both back soon. The pleasure of your company will be ours once more.

With thanks,

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This is like staying with a rich grandmother. They know hospitality old school. They know all the little things add up and don't cut corners to save a nickel or dime. The try hard hotels think they know what the customer wants but don't deliver. The old Windsor delivers in spades.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business