3,215 results
All reviews radii restaurant park lounge club deluxe patrick's cathedral fitzroy gardens king room spa room walk in wardrobe nespresso machine beautiful hotel luxury hotel room service wedding night huge bathroom top end parliament house collins street
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I splurged and used my frequent flyer miles to upgrade to include the club lounge experience for my wife and I during out stay at the hotel for our 20th anniversary. The club lounge was a wonderful experience and such a relaxing atmosphere. Just what we needed. The staff were great and made our visit feel special. The room was huge and spacious and luxurious.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is one of those old, grant hotels which used to be the best place in town decades ago. Service has been second to none during our stay, a very special thank you to Stephanie for sending up an unexpected birthday treat after we told her about my partner's birthday during check in!

Saying the hotel 'feels old' unfortunately doesn't only mean good things- the hard product itself feels like it has missed out on at least three refurbs over the past couple of decades and it shows: The furniture is old, the toilet is old (and the blue wall color in the loo absolutely hideous) and the bathroom particularly feels really dated. More up to date tiling and shower heads, maybe a new carpet and some fresh furniture would be the least this hotel needs. It could also not harm renovating the lobby area which feels as dark as entering a crypt. And the pool- while rather nice for an indoor pool, it also urgently needs a facelift. Some of the tiles at the edge are green of mold, surely it must be possible to replace these!

All in all, if you're after an old-fashioned luxury experience, then this hotel is for you. Service definitely measures with the brand promise of a Park Hyatt but don't expect a modern property. I honestly think it's time to close this beauty for a couple of months and re-do in its entirety to bring it up to its former glory but don't think this is going to happen!

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms that stare at a wall. Unfortunately, there are quite a few of those!
2  Thank sydneyberlin
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We have stayed twice at this hotel. It is beautiful and has a great location in central Melbourne. Close to transportation and good restaurants. Beautiful park within easy walking distance. Choose the club level for great breakfast and evening food service

1  Thank bayoudularge
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We always like staying here on our trips to Melbourne for bot business and pleasure. It is easy to access the city and being just on the edge of the city gives a feeling of space & rest. The Park Hyatt Melbourne is in the best of hotels anywhere

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear iandickinson9,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent visit to Park Hyatt Melbourne. I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and we are always happy welcoming you back.

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant visit with us and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back for another visit in the near future.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you have a good weekend head.

Best Regards,
Brett Sweetman - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I visited this hotel for the first time.
I had a suite but unfortunately, in a terrible position. The list of the views were: cathedral, park or city. I got a room at second floor overlooking an inner courtyard and other's people rooms. Not acceptable for this type of hotel. Not acceptable also that when you reserve a room they cannot assure you before which room you will be given. After i discovered it, arriving from an oversea flight, i have been told that there was no solution until 3pm when they got a free room my type. So the problem has been solved and i got same type of room with the view it deserved, but i wish i will not find myself in that situation again.
Anyway, room was clean and fine, breakfast opulent, good and expensive. Position is wonderful, you can walk anywhere from here. The girl at the desk was very nice and helpful.
The pool is incredible: right for swimming with a wonderful view.
I will go back if they let me choose my room!
The lounge is huge with a romantic fireplace, good service and a wonderful view.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manger at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear tonymora,

Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing your most recent stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. Whilst I can see that you enjoyed most aspects of your visit, I was very concerned when I read about your disappointment with the initially allocated room for your visit.
I would like to apologize that we were unable to meet your preferences at the time of arrival, however I was pleased to hear that the team was able to offer you an alternative event though there was a delay caused for you.
We will always do our best and allocate rooms according to the preferences of our guests, so please feel free to contact us on Melbourne.park@hyatt.com if you plan to return in the near future, so I can personally look after all your booking requirements.
tonymora, thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne in the near future.

Best Regards,