“Warm Welcome”

InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Ranked #50 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week at the end of March 2012. We were treated like royalty and nothing was too much trouble. Our Ambassador status was acknowledged at reception and the extras associated with this were supplied without question. The added extras from staff at the Club Lounge were very personal and very much appreciated by us. We have stayed at other IC Hotels both in and out of Australia and this one rates at the top end of our list. Kishor, I won't try to pronounce or spell his surname, the Guest Relations Manager and all the staff went out of their way to ensure we had an enjoyable time.Thank you for a wonderful stay and we will be returning soon we hope.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marc B
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Marc B,
Thank you for sharing with me your kind review. I was so happy to read that you had such a wonderful stay and that you experienced the authentic and enriching service that we strive to provide all of our guests.
I would also like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our Guest Relations Manger Kishor, he is indeed an asset to the hotel and I will be sure to share your kind words with him.
We hope that you do have the chance to return soon and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

l Have been to InterContinental Hotel Melbourne many times now and every time it just gets Better and Better. l go to Relax and Enjoy First Class Luxury that this hotel offers.
From the moment you step out of the car you feel Like Royalty!!! The boys at the door are very friendly and give you a warm welcome as they take your luggage. (l even got nice comments about my luggage). The Check in staff has always been quick and friendly. This time the wrong room was given by mistake. Yes they are human. People make mistakes. No big deal. As l went down to reception it was quickly sorted out. l was even shown personally to a room to make sure that l liked it. How is that for Service!!! l was Extremely Happy and Impressed by this. The luggage arrived in less than a minute from the other room to our new huge room with Club Lounge Access. The rooms are always very clean and comfortable with everything that you need.
We stayed for 2 nights over the Easter Break. We had our 3 Children with us who had a great time and loved the pool. All the staff made us and the kids feel very welcome, always smiling and saying hello. This is what makes a Hotel. You can have all the latest technology the largest flat screen plasmas. But without the warm friendly staff a Hotel is nothing. Room Service was fast and the food was Great. Buffet Breakfast was Fantastic!!! Friday night was busy in the Club Lounge it was very full. Instead of us waiting, they gave us the board room to use. That was great. l felt the staff went above and beyond for us. l can not speak highly enough about the staff in the Club Lounge!!! Saturday night was just as busy. But the staff made sure everyone was happy. So did Kishor the Guest Relations Manager, who was saying hello to everyone and making sure everything was running smoothly. He came up to us and the kids to say hello. He Said "l saw you here last time and last time you were pregnant". That was 2 years ago!!! l could not believe he remembered me and my husband. That made my night!!! l was even more impressed. He asked us when we were leaving, so he could see us before we go. We were checking out and sure enough Kishor was there to ask as how our stay was? Perfect of Course. He had made the time to say good bye. That was very nice. Well Kishor must be doing something right Managing the Hotel. We Keep Coming Back. l think this is our 8th time back and we will continue to do so.
Keep up the Great Work Kishor!!! 5 Stars All The Way!!!
Thank You & See You Soon Mrs S Nawaz.

Room Tip: Get A Club Room For Sure with a Bath or Get a Package Deal Well Worth The Money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Champane

Dear Champane,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with me your review.
It warmed my heart to read of your great stays with us and that you were remembered so fondly by Kishor and the Club InterContinental team, I will certainly share your delight with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your 9th stay, and we hope to see you all sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

It was an experience of a kind. Having stayed for a week felt very unhappy about the front office and decided to checkout and booked myself at Crown Plaza, Melbourne. Had a pleasant surprise during checkout to meet the hotels Guest Relation Manager Mr. Kishor who changed my mind and requested me to rethink and also made me stay back. Thereafter its been a great time and was taken care. A beautiful property, great rooms, lovely food.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SANKARAN K

Dear SANKARAN K,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with me your review. I was very happy to read that Kishor was able to ease your concerns on this occasion.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was so impressed with the staff.
They couldnt do enough for us.
We had an issue initially that was resolved very quickly, and as a result of that, we were upgraded to the most prestigious suite available.
They were the best and I would highly recommend the hotel for its central position, fantastic food,
cleanliness and most helpful and caring staff.
It made our Easter one never to forget.

Room Tip: I think they are all fantastic.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen C

Dear Helen C,
Thank you for sharing with me your wonderful review. I cannot begin to tell you how it warmed my heart to read your lovely comments and I am so glad to read that we were able to be a part of your fantastic Easter.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

The public spaces are good with an interesting mix of old and new. I have always found the staff to be good. Rooms are variable, with some seeming bigger than others. Amenities etc are all of appropriate quality for a business hotel. The only real issue is the location. It's kind of in between, neither on the river nor by the shops. Overall, good for business but not somewhere I would stay with a partner.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Grant N

Dear Grant N,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your thoughts, I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay.
With a tram stop at the front of the hotel and within walking distance to some of Melbourne's best restaurants and Docklands we feel that the New York end of Collins Street and the Rialto Precinct is a wonderful destination and i'm sorry on this occasion our location did not meet your needs.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.