2,840 results
All reviews pensione hotel shoebox room southern cross station great location rooms are small spencer street shower door short stay crown casino the ground floor airport bus sky bus single bed comfortable bed tram stop public transport one night stay
Reviewed 6 September 2018

The room is not as small as described by other travelers. Instead, the room size is just nice and I'm impressed with how the hotel utilize space so effectively. We stayed at a ShoeBox and a Trio Room. Trio is very spacious and worth every penny. ShoeBox is slightly smaller but we have enough space to walk around in the room. Fret not, 2 luggage can be opened on the floor and still, we have enough space to move around. The shower space might be a little small for Caucasians but it's perfectly okay for Asians.

The room is very clean, toilet is spotless and towels are replaced every day. The room was cleaned everyday. The room is facilitated with all essentials: towels, toiletries, coffee & tea, iron & hair dryer.

The hotel located at strategic location where Coles and 2 tram stops are within walking distance. Crown casino is just a 3 min walk away.

Will definitely return to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018

The shoebox room, although very small, offers great value for money if you are only sleeping in the room. The bed was extremely comfortable but I had to keep the curtains closed if I was there during daylight as my room looked directly into the room across the way. Overall the room worked well for me as I was attending a conference all day at the convention centre which is a 6 minute walk away.The staff were welcoming and friendly and went out of their way to help - very impressed with the level of customer service.
On the negative side the public corridors have tired and shabby carpets and the paintwork on the doors is scuffed and in need of a re-paint. The bathroom is tiny and you have to get into the shower sideways as the door is so small - and no plug for the minute basin. As its an old building you can hear all the water pipes and the rooms are not sound proofed so when someone had a shower at 3am it woke me up.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Duke D, General Manager at Best Western Melbourne City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Melbourne City Hotel after your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your glowing mention of the staff. In regards to the the bathroom hopefully we can offer you a more comfortable experience in the future. We do have 7 other room types with different sizes as we understand one size does not fit all.

Your feedback is important to us and allows us to shape the service that we offer as things are always changing.

We hope we will see you back with us in the future,

Kind Regards,
Best Western Team

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Was told that my room was not air cond at all although a fan would b given. It was summer, imagine staying in a room next to the carpark n with the windows open n no air cond. My eyes rolled! Have to pay to upgrade to a upper floor ..much luck as a room was available. Small, squeezy but comfortable with air cond. it’s only a night but was thankful coz away fr the carpark n most importantly it’s cool with the air cond ..

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank margareteg2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Very convenient to transport, the football stadium and right in the city. Small but comfortable room with everything I needed, including an iron and board. SAtaff were wonderful when I had a health issue. Would stay again

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Not happy. Do not stay at the Best Western Melbourne East. Dirty, milk open in fridge! Coffee cups cracked so coffee went all over the table! Beds are stuck together and so uncomfortable!
Never again will we stay there

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends