All reviewselectric blindssouthern cross stationspencer stwifi connection was excellentihg memberpower outletsstayed herehuge showeretihad stadiumfloor to ceilingtrain stationgreat locationbudget hotelflinders lanewithin walking distancegood sizehotel restaurant
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had a room staring straight at the iconic train station. Awesome view, with blinds that rolls up if you wish some privacy. Location wise is good - 20 minutes to CBD and 5 minutes to one of the most awesome breakfast place in Melbourne. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2017
IHG_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Kezsin,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly refurbished rooms. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I am just about to check out of the hotel which has been a great experience. As an IHG member I recently stayed at another Melbourne CBD hotel which was terrible so was a little nervous about this one. However what a treat, check in was quick and efficient with a helpful receptionist. My room which I got early on the 6th floor was impeccably clean and newly refurbished. Lovely comfy bed and well stocked bathroom. The rooms have electronic black out blinds which after travelling have been great. I ate in the restaurant one evening and had the Risotto which was lovely, well worth trying! The reception staff were helpful as I needed places to eat to cater for a medical condition and they found me the perfect place online just up the road from the hotel. I used the gym which is small but plenty for me to keep fit whilst away. This is a lovely hotel, and well worth booking. Well done and thank you

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear Megg,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty as an IHG® Rewards Club member. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience in our newly refurbished hotel rooms and our restaurant.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed 3 nights over the Easter long weekend. This hotel has recently been refurbished and the rooms are a good size with an open feel with floor to ceiling windows. Electric blinds added privacy and also kept the room dark if you needed a sleep in. The bathroom had a clear glass panel from the shower to the main part of the room, so you could see into the shower and toilet, which I felt was a bit intrusive. Not sure if they put the wrong type of glass in here? Frosted would have been better. The bathroom was clean, uncluttered and the huge shower worked beautifully. All the soaps, shower gels, shampoos etc were readily available with lots of soft fluffy towels too. The bed was very comfortable and there was a choice of pillows to use. Complimentary WIFI, safe, mini fridge and coffee / tea making facilities was also available. The big smart TV had both Foxtel and usual stations available to watch. The position of this hotel is very central to many places in Melbourne including the Skybus Terminal ( 5 minute walk), Southern Cross Station, Etihad Stadium and the Heritage CircleTram was just around the corner. Plenty of places to eat nearby and a supermarket open till midnight at the train station. There is an unheated pool and nice outside area near it, as well as a small gym on the same floor.
Check in and check out was smooth and quick and they stored our bags for us on the last day. A nice gesture for Easter was an Easter egg hunt for the children and eggs on the front counter for guests.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool quieter, as hotel is on a main road.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
IHG_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Monika C,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly refurbished rooms. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

We hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I have stayed here on and off for nearly 30 years - as an IHG member. I am prompted to write this review because I am very impressed with the latest renovations to both the standard rooms and now especially the suite (613) I had yesterday. Given my frequent occupancy I do know the history of this hotel but I was so impressed with how the suite renovation has made fantastic use of the available space (this obviously cannot change) and added a new look and floor plan that includes a terrific lounge/ dining area, a handy walk in robe and a much better luxury bathroom. The new TVs are great. Well done to all concerned - really impressive.

I have also stayed in the renovated standard king rooms and can vouch for the improvements in them too. Hotel staff are always excellent.

Room Tip: Try the new suites when prices are lower.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear gsteed2016,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We thank you for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club members.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in the suite - especially the utilisation of the space. We agree, our owners and architects have done an amazing job with our newly refurbished product.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Having been to Melbourne and stayed in other IHG properties I was pleasantly impressed with the offering here consistent with the marketing of the property. We had a new refurbished suite on Level 3, which was very accommodating- immaculately clean and much better toiletries than other HI properties overseas. We arrived very late and was checked in quickly and our request for a later check out promptly accommodated, having been in the office since 7am I was pleased to find the bed very comfy and the quick room service was good. We actually ate in the room three times, late suppers and an early breky. Parking a little on the $$$ side but for a downtown location acceptable. They only offer valet here so nice to have the car waiting for us when requested. What I felt about this hotel was great location easy to get to a tram or use shoe leather ! The hotel is obviously very well managed as all
Our requests were met with professionalism and with the guest in mind. We usually always do a five star but this time after staying here, we will look favourably in other HI stays in the future. Well
Done to the team here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear 1st Point Review,

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our newly refurbished suite. Our staff take great pride in ensuring that all of our guests feel like one of the family.

We hope that you will visit us again in the future.