“Don't waste your money ”
Review of Orchid Day Spa

Orchid Day Spa
Ranked #26 of 116 Spas & Wellness in Melbourne
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

From being roused on when we first walked in I should have known this experience wasn't going to get any better. My two friends and myself had been booked in for a manicure and pedicure - we received 3 totally different experiences. My technician constantly answered the phone and took bookings during my treatments. Another technician failed to do several of the steps that I received and the polish on her fingers looked as if it had been there for 2 weeks. My second friend had the youngest of the technicians - she was sweet, professional and attentive.
Never been to a day spa where you are asked to scrub your own hands. Extremely disappointed with this establishment and would never recommend.

2  Thank Michele D

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My friend and I wanted to stay out of the very cold afternoon/evening and thought, hey! Why not do a facial??

The lady on the phone was fantastic and despite booking at 11am for that afternoon, she fit us in no problem. We had the 'four layer facial' and it was very relaxing - it included a shoulder, hand and foot massage (very brief but very welcome!)

We had the upstairs section to ourselves and they are very generous pre-treatment - there are coffee and tea amenities and a couple of jars filled with biscuits/cookies that you are encouraged to indulge in. We definitely felt like VIPs!

My only complaint is that the bed you receive the treatment on is dead straight and by the end of the session my back was killing me.

Orchiddayspa, Manager at Orchid Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Thank you kindly for your lovely review. We are happy that you enjoyed your experiences with us and hope you return to us again soon.

Kind regards,
Ellyse

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Visited Orchid Day spa after great word of mouth reviews on Ellyse's nail work. Service was professional and thorough, I can honestly say I've never had a better Sns application! The girls are so lovely, reading some of these reviews I think that some of these people need a reality check. As an owner of a small business myself I agree to their cancellation policy as it's totally unfair on the business to have last minute cancellations on time that would have been previously filled if the 24 hours notice was given! It's on their brochures, website ect so I'm not sure why these customers are acting surprised! Have some respect for the service industry and don't cancel/reschedule last minute.
I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I went to this place and sign up for facial and pedicure. The service is satisfying,professional therapist. Therefore, I decided to make another appointment the following week.

HOWEVER!!!!! I caught a cold and not feeling comfortable for the booked microdermabrasion session. So I called before the appointment to request a postpone. I was so fury after ending the call! Very disappointed indeed! The lady on the phone was so rude, she said :" you must be kidding me" ! Who on earth will make a fun of own being sick?!
she comment that I should call earlier to cancel , but how am I going to call if I m on medication n sleeping?! WTF! And she said that if everybody called to cancel in such a short notice (1hr) she would have NO BUSINESS , some other customer can fill this session! This is nonsense! I don't think that a service line provider will ever protect their business benefit by strict cancellation . Many places have courtesy or sense of empathy ! Again ! I requested postpone! Not cancellation. And furthermore, you will have walk-ins and you won't loose a business because of 1 customer who is not well !i have to pay the full amounted the treatment( $120 )for this!

Please! There is many other place that provides same quality or even better service in Melbourne .

1  Thank sillysasa
Orchiddayspa, Owner at Orchid Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hi there "Sillysasa',

We would like to take the time to thank you for your review. Although it is an expression of your frustration, we do take feedback seriously to better ourselves in the future.
I would also like to say that we have a strict cancellation policy in place for a reason. We take credit card details at the time of booking in case of no shows and late cancellations.
When you cancelled 55 mins before your appointment, it is hard for us to then fill that time. If maybe you called earlier in the morning we could have filled it with 2 packages that we had to say no to as we didn't have time to do these clients together. If we had have known you were not coming in earlier, we could have filled it.
You also said in the first conversation that we had to "charge your card".
You forgot to mention here that I also said, "If we happen to fill it, I will refund your money, I am a very honest person" (a client can confirm me saying this also), which we did not fill.
I am sorry you lost your appointment fee on this occasion but we would not survive as a small business if everyone had the option to cancel last minute.
You can ask anywhere that they all take credit card details and some even charge before you come in to secure that booking. It is rare to find somewhere that won't do such a thing.
I do hope you understand from our point of view and were not doing it to be rude or mean, strictly business.

Regards,