“Very relaxing ”

Ranked #28 of 116 Spas & Wellness in Melbourne
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I had just arrived in Melbourne for a relaxing holiday and decided to start it off with a massage. I called them the day before to book and had no problem making an appointment. I was slightly early for my treatment and after filling in the paperwork I was taken straight up to the massage room. The masseuse was very professional and used the right pressure and plenty of oil (I've been to other places before where they haven't used enough and there is nothing worse than a dry massage). It went for the right amount of time and the masseuse only left the room for a second to get a hot towel.

All the staff I came into contact with were lovely, the day spa had a very relaxing atmosphere and was very clean. It's also in a central location but tucked away from the main street so you don't step out into the hustle and bustle of Melbourne straight away.

Next time I'm in Melbourne I'll be back.

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Staff very friendly and professional- had a facial plus manicure & pedicure. Very relaxing visit would go again

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Spent a wonderful three hours with Athena and Alysse today. Walked out with beautiful nails, as usual, lovely pink with a bit of sparkly glam for Spring. Aysse's magic fingers made the hot stone massage perfect. She was far too kind to mention that I drifted off during the massage, and I'm sure I probably gave a snore or two. I've decided I have to combine the nails and massage much more often.

1  Thank Louise W
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I wanted to treat my wife while we were in Melbourne last weekend for our anniversary, so I took her to Orchid day spa. Firstly, I had no idea what to book in for, so the lady on the phone was very helpful and patient. We managed to decide on a 1 hour facial and 1 hour massage each. I was hesitant for the facial myself but she assured me that a lot of men have them done in their spa and that I would enjoy it. Well she was right! We were greeted kindly and taken upstairs (3 short flights - old building, to be expected!), waited in the waiting area and taken through shortly after. Both treatments were relaxing and enjoyable. We walked out feeling on cloud nine and enjoyed a coffee and tea each. My wife loved it so much that I think I will do something like this every year as we visit Melbourne a few times in a year. It was a lovely treat and I couldn't fault it, just that we could have stayed there for twice as long!

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Be warned! some of their massage therapists are very inexperienced. I had a 60min oil massage with a lady from Laos. She was lovely but it was a terrible massage. I asked for a medium strong pressure but it was more like stroking for an hour. What a waste of 70 bucks!

Orchiddayspa, Manager at Orchid Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2016

Hi erato_sc

I would like to begin by saying, I think you have the wrong place! We do not charge $70 for (any) massages, you can see on our website our prices are not the same. And we do not have any one from Laos working here. I think you may have us confused with Orchid massage which is a chinese massage parlour that do not have professional therapists working there. We however only hire therapists with diplomas and certificates in massage and beauty therapy. Please consider removing this review as it is not a good reflection on our business.

Management