“Almost impossible to contact, poor customer service and a dodgy venue”
Review of Boss Karaoke & Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Boss Karaoke & Bar
More attraction details
Owner description: Handsomely decorated with leather couches, antique armchairs and featuring a number of intimate and secluded curtain areas; BOSS is the essence of elegance and old world inner-city sophistication. The walls adorned with subtle oriental inspired wallpaper and similarly inspired works of art make for the supreme backdrop. BOSS’s well reputed Asian tapas menu is the ideal accompaniment to any cocktail, imported beer, international or local wine, particularly when one wishes to share with friends.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked here for my 19th birthday, for 15 people. They didn't call to confirm the booking as stated on the website, so I called them. I called over 12 times to hear their message bank was full so I couldn't even leave a message. Finally after 3 emails somebody called me back.
I made a booking from 8:30-11:30pm and arrived on time to be greeted by a big locked door with no answer. It was half an hour of ringing the door bell, trying to find another entrance etc before somebody let us in. Already annoyed that so much of our paid time was gone, we were shoved in a tight room with only one staff member present. He just directed us into the space with no explanation on how to use the equipment or organising food/drinks.

I refused to stay and spend my money here, so went just upstairs to "Rainbow Karaoke" which luckily had a vacant room. Price was roughly the same and we had a blast; very happy with my decision to leave Boss Karaoke.

Almost impossible to contact, poor customer service and a dodgy venue. Do not go here unless looking for disappointment.

3  Thank Evangeline30

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Incredibly rude customer service. Tried to pass off terms and conditions we had never been provided with as related to us and were incredibly rude about everything. Will not go back.

3  Thank yawoii
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The staff at this venue are rude, unhelpful and do not seem to understand the concept of customer service. Alex (or at least thats the name he gave) the bartender, takes the cake.

The deal we purchased was not honoured and the staff made little to no effort to rectify the situation despite booking a month in advance and confirming this booking. We were told we have to abide by a different set of T&C than the ones we were initially presented with at the time of purchase.

We asked to speak to a manager, we were denied and told there is no manager available. We asked for them to call a manager so we could get a better understanding of the situation - we were also denied. Finally, we were given a business card with a number of the manager (Matt Tyrell) and when we rung that number, it was the number for the venue. So we wasted a phone call to speak to someone who was not only 5 meters away from us, but totally unhelpful.

By doing this, the bar turned away 18 paying customers who were also the only paying customers in the venue at the time.

Will never go to this venue again.

3  Thank Mishku T
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Myself and group of friends had coupons entitling us to 2 drinks and a meal each. We made a booking for 20 people (which was confirmed by Chi Lounge to be fine) but at last minute 2 people couldn't make it. The remaining 18 showed up at the lounge as planned and were blatantly refused service because we were 2 people less than what we had booked. We left sad, disappointed and ripped off.

4  Thank han_xox_