“Amazing selection of tapas and delicious sangria, good introduction to the Melbourne foodie scene!”
Review of Movida Aqui

Movida Aqui
Ranked #154 of 4,515 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: There are already two branches listed on TA, but this is the third restaurant opened in November 2009.
Reviewed 3 November 2017

When in Melbourne recently for a conference I organised dinner for myself and my colleagues on the last night before we flew back to Perth, after a lot of googling and scrolling through Trip Advisor for recommendations, one name seemed to be dominant in every search for "best tapas in Melbourne" and that name was Movida, and even better their sister restaurant Movida Acqui was walking distance from our hotel so I picked up the phone and booked us a table asap!

Considering I have never been to Melbourne and have 0 sense of direction, I managed to find this little spot fairly easily, despite being down a side lane and at the top of a flight of stairs! We were greeted by smiley staff who sat us at our table and gave us some time to look over the menu, explaining anything we needed assistance with as we went along. The interior at Movida Acqui is quirky and modern, I loved it. The menu had a wide variety of tapas dishes, smaller single plates and larger sharing plates, the variety of types of food was also fantastic. I myself went for squid, anchovies and ox tongue dishes, but the selection across our whole table included beef cheeks (which looked ridiculously good), asparagus and eggs, prawns, whiting and so many other goodies, even just the bread and oil put on the table was to die for! Washed down with a HUGE jug of delicious sangria, we all left very happy indeed.

The price was very reasonable for the sheer amount of food we ended up with, and the sangria for $50 easily had enough for 4 people to have multiple glasses so that was fantastic value. I would 100% come back to this spot on my next trip to Melbourne, and it definitely lived up to the hype that surrounds the food scene in Melbourne.

1  Thank kellychallinor2730

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

In my opinion, location, setting and service are good, menu has a bit of a twist, I think it is directed at particular customers.
I ordered the Gambas (King Prawns) and indeed enjoyed it, i would have liked this Special of the day to come with a side and to be more generous given the price.
If Spanish food is what you’re specifically after, you will love this place.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Maybe I'm not cut out for this place as I didn't find anything spectacular about the food. Of the 4 dishes I shared, the ones I found interesting was the bomba and the dry tuna. The service was generally fine except it took a long time to get the bill.

1  Thank ShareKhan4
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Good food - we enjoyed cheese, tuna from the daily specials, beef with garlic and pickled black garlic, asparagus and churros with hot chocolate washed down with a glass of tempranillo. Well worth a visit - good friendly service

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I'd like to say so many great things about the food including their Tapas menu and the main dishes but foodies who enjoy great service and well-prepared food will need to visit and make up their own minds. We were delighted with all this restaurant offered us. They also offer an extensive drinks menu.
We'll be back for another great experience.