“Fabulous breakfast, coffee - and service”
Review of Charlie Cox

Charlie Cox
Ranked #1,386 of 4,656 Restaurants in Melbourne
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Was in the city early for an appointment and felt like a decent breakfast: I found it!

The poached eggs were cooked to (my!) perfection, the spinach was fresh - and the bacon was the healthy short-cut, fat free version I have at home. (So many places serve up the fatty rashers these days and keep the ‘eye’ for something else! I really resent that!)

I love the atmosphere here; everyone behind the counter seems happily laidback - but everything was efficiently served without fuss. And newspapers are readily available, too, for those of us who prefer to get our news the old-fashioned way!

Well worth checking this place out for more casual lunch & dinner as it becomes a wine bar later in the day.

Opposite the ‘G’ (Melbourne Cricket Ground) down the road from the Pullman (ex Hilton), it also specialises in a pre-footy hamburger!

Melbourne is luck to have ‘Charlie Cox’ this end of town: it needs it!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We’re here for a celebration lunch. We were seated at a large table close to the kitchen. The menu is a little average as was the service and food. I find the interior a little strange with bits and pieces all over the place that don’t seem to fit the overall design. This place is average on normal standards but does ok as it’s the only place around offering this type of menu.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Visited recently for a quick lunch and we left very happy. All three tried the lunch special of cheeseburgers , fat boy chips and a drink. Later we had coffee. The meal was very tasty filling and great. The service here is excellent attentive pleasant staff. This could become a regular when in Melbourne.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Burgers and drinks before the footy? Then head straight to Charlie Cox.
The burgers are HUGE. Seriously huge. Our kids were able to share a burger between 2.

The service was quick and friendly and the meals were well priced.
I would definitely return here again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018

What a great place to sit and have a delicious coffee and the best breakfast in Melbourne?
Would highly recommend this little cafe as a stop off if you are heading to the football across the road at the MCG or as your pick-me-up breakfast must do after a big night out.
Service was great, coffee was amazing and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: June 2018