Desert View Apartments(Coober Pedy)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$96
Desert Cave Hotel(Coober Pedy)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$162
US$151
Travelocity
  • Pool
Mud Hut Motel(Coober Pedy)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$115
US$112
The Underground Motel(Coober Pedy)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$96
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$130
US$126
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Underground Bed & Breakfast(Coober Pedy)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$115
Priceline
Oasis Coober Pedy Tourist Park(Coober Pedy)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Pool
The Lookout Cave Underground Motel(Coober Pedy)(Great Value!)
US$193
TripAdvisor
US$247
getaroom.com
All reviewssouvenir shopdorm roommiddle of townground levelshort staystaying undergroundunderground motellight sleeperescape the heatalice springsother guestsunderground experienceshared kitchencool placestayed for one nightan overnight staya great place to stay
Reviewed 13 June 2017

This place was great following a freezing night in Tennant Creek. The warmth provided from staying underground was amazing and the showers and bathroom were great. The hallway did echo and caused some noise but it did not keep me up at night.

The hotel is in the city centre and close to everything and when checking in I was provided with a map and information on what would be open as I arrived in the dark after 6pm so that was helpful. A great one night stop over.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Its run by a little french lady Evyline, who also runs her own mine, great tips, advice and a very pleasant attitude, surprisingly in such a harsh environment. Decent accommodation, budget and families, worth stopping in, she gives great directions when most things appear confusing. the shellis good for food but pricy, still good food though
We stopped in there on our way to odnadatta,and returned to see her again before leaving for Adelaide.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I decided to make a stopover in Coober Pedy on my way from Adelaide to Alice Springs.
That was the right decision!

Coober Pedy is a unique place!
Most of the population live under ground and you don't see so much if you walk through the town. That is the reason why it might be scared to walk through the city.

The hostel is very nice.
It offers rooms under and over ground.
I stayed in a room over ground. But as I arrived very early, I had the possibility to wait in a room under ground until my room was ready. So I had both! My room big, clean and even had a TV.
I preferred the room under ground. It was less comfortable, but colder, you don't need any air conditioning and you can experience something special.

The hostel offers a courtesy transfer from the Greyhound bus stop. Although the bus stop isn't far away, it's easier if you travel with suitcase.
Moreover there is a souvenir shop in next to the reception.

The staff is friendly and helpful.
I can recommend this hostel!

Room Tip: A room under ground
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2017

First time staying underground. An interesting experience. The reception was welcoming and very helpful. Room felt old, but was clean. No reception in room (you are underground) but just bear that in mind.

Room Tip: Remember you won't have internet underground.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We were looking forward to staying here, having stayed in the excellent underground motel in White Cliffs a few years ago. Although I had booked previously and the hotel had alll my details, including home address, we were greeted by a man who lectured us like school children and insisted that we fill out his form, showing both our names, country of origin and the last place we stayed. I felt this was an unnecessary invasion of our privacy. The facilities were ok but the bed was so hard we brought our sleeping bag in to soften it. The soap holder in the shower was broken and had just had some tape stuck to it. There was only one light in the room, a bright fluorescent tube. For $125 a night I expected something a little nicer.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple