All reviews souvenir shop underground room shared bathroom ground level sleeping experience short stay staying underground other guests underground experience alice springs a great nights sleep light sleeper one night stay unique place an overnight stay centre of town a great place to stay
Reviewed 28 January 2017

I am traveling around Australia for 2 months and came to Coober Pedy.
Seeking a "Kool" place to stay for the night; I selected Radeka Downunder
Motel.....I am from the US so wanted my own toilet, shower, and connecting
Bedroom......they offered all of the above at a reasonable rate. Clean, comfortable,
and "KOOL".....especially when it was 40C outside that day. A truly NEW experience
for this Floridian......The staff was VERY helpful and answered all related questions.

Room Tip: The room I selected did not have A/C, a fan was provided in the room. It was very comfortable and slept well.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2017

While I only had a short stay, It was very pleasant, the accomodation was very clean, cool and quiet. The night manager was very helpful and accomodating. Lots of information about the area to read. Because you sleep underground there is no interruption from people talking on their phones and you get the best sleep. Only sorry I couldn't stay longer.

Room Tip: I preferred the experience of sleeping underground but there are above ground rooms also.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

On our recent trip to Adelaide we drove into CP late at night and fortunately Radeka's was open and able to accommodate us and our daughter, CP was heavily booked around this time. The accommodation was very clean and comfortable and even though it was late the staff couldn't do enough to assist us. We loved the underground experience. Thanks!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2017

The owner is friendly n staffs are easy going. Lovely people.
The place is clean and special, got souvenir shop inside the place.
Stayed in the dorm room for one night and my friend stayed in the motel room.
We're both happy with the place,
it's really hot outside but the dorm room was cool n quite.
the price is good and got a really nice sleep.
the place is huge and you can just keep walk down the place. feels like in the movie.
good for backpackers n groups too.
Good value
only 5 mins walk to greyhound bus terminal and everything.
Will recommended it.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2016

After sleeping in our converted station wagon for a few nights it was wonderful to sleep in a bed, very cool setting being underground and the lady at reception was very friendly and helpful. Clean, hot showers and clean kitchen. The only problem was that we wanted a lie in and were woken a little earlier than planned by the cleaner outside our room. But it was really great, definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple