Is it in a great location?
Are the rooms spacious and clean?
Is it value for money?
The Majestic Roof Garden Hotel stands out on all counts. We arrived at about 9am and they happily allowed us to check-in to our room as it was already ready. The hotel is located just 15 minutes drive from the airport, just 2 minutes walk from the main restaurant and shopping precinct (Rundle Street/Mall), and a 10 minute walk from the Adelaide Zoo. The Deluxe King Suite that we had was quite large and well appointed, as there was the usual coffee, large TV, desk and chair, safety deposit box etc. The room and bathroom was fairly new, and was always kept immaculately clean. Even though this was a 4.5-star hotel, and it was the Easter weekend, we got a great deal on Expedia for just $350 for 3 nights - it was definitely value for money!
A few gripes, however, were that the room did not have a bathtub - no major dramas, because the shower was fine. The room did not have bath robes though, which I thought was a bit motel-like, since surely a good hotel should provide bath robes.
My main gripe was parking: guests must pay extra for parking ($18 per 24hrs) in an independent parking lot on the street behind the hotel. For a 4.5-star hotel, I thought that the hotel would have been able to absorb the cost, and offer free parking to guests.
I hope that management reads these comments and could effect some changes because these were the reasons that I did not give it a full compliment of a 5 star rating.. But other than those minor gripes, I absolutely loved the hotel, I would definitely recommend it to you, and I myself will stay here on my next trip to Adelaide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Roof Garden Hotel is the award winning four-and-a-half (4.5) star flagship property of Majestic Hotels. Opened in Adelaide in 2004 and awarded the Best Value Hotel in 2009, it has been created with the discerning traveller in mind and despite its upmarket appearance, provides great deals on accommodation. Location is key. This Adelaide hotel is only 50 metres from the ever-vibrant Rundle Street with its huge variety of bars, restaurants and eclectic shopping. Walk 5 minutes to Rundle Mall or 10 minutes to the Art Gallery, Adelaide University and Museum. 20 minutes will find you at the Adelaide Convention Centre, National Wine Museum or Adelaide Zoo. All 120 rooms feature modern bathrooms, king size beds, full mini-bar, 24-hour room service and in-room broadband. Plus all the usual conveniences you would expect from a 4.5 star hotel such as 24-hour reception, security card access, business centre, mini-gymnasium, outstanding in-house restaurant and on-site secure parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Majestic Roof Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Roof Garden Adelaide
- Hotel Majestic Roof Garden