“A little old but great”

Adelaide Travellers Inn
Reviewed 26 February 2015

Yes it's a bit old but i am having a great time here. My room is fine, a bit small but clean. The kitchen can get very busy but it is fun when the Italians are cooking and singing. The location is great, free bus, bikes and WiFi and lots of coffee cafe's. I would recommend this hostel just don't expect it to be all new and shiny. And yes the staff are great.

Room Tip: My room is on the balcony and can get noisy but i like it
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 January 2015

Hostel is smelly, dirty and a lot of things are broken. I know that hostels aren't hotels but the Adelaide Travellers Inn is one of the worst places I've been to in Australia.

We were first staying in a normal 4 bed dorm which was very small and the window very small. Even when we moved into a just cleaned ensuite dorm, there was still urin all over the ensuite bathroom. The staff came by later and clened the toilet but not the rest as she "just doesn't have the energy" to do it now. Sheets weren't very clean, chewing gums stuck to the beds and such.

Hostel is still located in the city and along the free downtown bus line but within that area it is one of the farthest hostels.

Hostel can be very noisy if you'r room is facing the balcony or any of the communal rooms.

Staff was except from the cleaning experience VERY VERY nice and helpful, which just doesn't match with the state of the place itself.

Room Tip: Get one of the ensuite rooms, they're less bad and not facing the really noisy areas.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Vieltraveller
Reviewed 26 December 2014

I stayed at this hostel for two nights while on my way to Perth....I wish I'd have just missed out Adelaide all together now. The only good points I can think of are that the man who ran it was super lovely and that I was only there for two nights. I don't think that the rooms were cleaned at all, even the bed sheets weren't exactly fresh. I booked an "en suite" 6 bed female dorm. The en suite turned out to be a sink in the corner of the room in a walled off section with no door. There wasn't a shower or toilet in the en suite. The toilet block itself wasn't great either, it was dirty and a few of the doors didn't work. The shower was also broken. It struck me that a lot of the people staying at this hostel were also working there. There was a balcony out the front which was nice. There was a "quiet after 10" rule - however I don't think there was anyone to enforce that rule as on both nights I stayed there, there was very loud parties out on said balcony which would then be covered in rubbish in the morning. I wouldn't recommend this hostel, nor would I stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank El D
Reviewed 7 December 2014

Great staff, very friendly & helpful. Rooms outdated, but clean. Great location. Only negative is the walls don't block out much noise, but having said that our room was next to the kitchen. Would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2014 via mobile

4 of us stayed here when we came down for a football game from Sydney. The staff in the hostel were amazingly friendly and had a great knowledge of places to eat and attractions, along with the best way to get there. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and whilst the hostel is a little outdated, it is not even close to the unhygienic hell hole that other reviews are making it out to be

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends