“Great location top class”

Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #15 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 7 April 2012

nice Resturant,clean tidy room with great appointments ,friendly staff,quiet room,great room service and excellent location all you could ask for and good value for what you get

• Stayed: February 2012
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated. We pride ourselves on being the preferred hotel in Adelaide so I was pleased to read that you were generally satisfied with the service provided during your stay. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Stamford Plaza.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently for one night. The cocktail lounge was great with very talented pianist as entertainment. Hotel facilities were adequate (gym and pool) and the room was comfortable with a very pleasant view over looking North Terrace.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your taking the time to provide your feedback. I am happy to announce that we have recently made our entertainers a feature of Thursday to Saturday nights. Also you may be pleased to know that we are in the final planning stages of refurbishing our guest room in the near future. Once again thank you and I hope you will find the time to experience our hospitality again and enjoy our resident pianists.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed here in mid Jan with my partner.
Were not happy with the level of service we got from the staff.
We were looked at as if we didnt belong here.
The rooms were so dated. The food was poor and the beds felt un clean and not nice to sleep on.
The pool was great and made good use of it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JackcatSydney

Dear Guest
I was disappointed to learn that your experience during your stay was not all that you expected. Here at Stamford we strive for excellency when it comes to customer service and your feedback has highlighted areas of the operation that require attention. Thank you. I am sorry that you didn’t experience all that we usually offer and for the service we like to be renown for. For your information, we are in the final planning stages of undergoing a refurbishment of various areas of the Hotel including our restaurants and guest rooms, in the near future. I am pleased that you found our pool facilities to your satisfaction. I do hope that you can bring yourself to return to the hotel to give our levels of service another try. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Good grief - another disappointing hotel stay in Adelaide - are there no decent hotels in this city?

I booked a 5 star hotel using wotif.com's Mystery Feature for one night on 28 March 2012. Wotif.com gave me a room at the Stamford Plaza. I arrived at around 11:30am and just wanted to drop off my bags before a meeting. I was advised by the friendly concierge to obtain my room number from reception so that my bag could be sent up. I was allocated a room on the 17th floor and I left.

I returned at 3pm and completed check-in, only this time I was given a room on the 9th floor without any explanation being offered. When I explained to the rather unhelpful receptionist that I was on the 17th floor she said 'that room's not ready'. When I reminded her that the stated check-in time was 2pm she simply said 'I don't know, hmmm, we'll need to follow that up'. I asked if my bag would be moved and she said it would. When I asked if the room I had been given would be quiet she said yes.

I went to my room and found it to be located next to the elevator machinery room. Ah yes, very quiet and peaceful. All I could hear were lifts going up and down through the wall. The view was of a dirty rooftop. The bath was so shallow that an actual 'bath' was impossible. There was also a truly bizarre noticeboard hanging on the wall with various leaflets stuck to it as though I was in a dormitory and there was a large patch of wood rot on the main TV stand that had already caused some decay.

Wotif.com describes this hotel as 5 star and describes the rooms as 'elegant'. I will allow the pictures to speak for themselves on this front.

I waited patiently for my bag so that I could change out of my suit. And I waited. And I waited longer. Then I waited some more. After 45 minutes I gave up.

I complained in person to the front desk manager and he seemed slightly bored my comments. He moved me to a higher floor where the room was quieter and the Wood Rot had not yet taken hold of the TV stand. My bag materialised and I had a depressing shower in the little, not-so-elegant bathroom.

The next morning I had breakfast in the grim, Sizzler-like restaurant where I discovered the world's smallest, teeny-tiny little thimble-glasses for my orange juice. Ridiculous.

This hotel is an embarrassment to the people of Adelaide. The interior appears to have been designed by someone who has a morbid fascination with brown and shiny brass. If my partner whisked me away here for a romantic getaway I would file for divorce before the porter had time to bring my bags to the room. Based on this stay that would give me about an hour.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank DaveinMelbourne

Dear Guest
Thank you for your candid feedback. I was obviously disappointed to learn of your experience and it fell well short of your expectations. I can advise that we have undergone a recent management restructure and if you do return to the Stamford Plaza you should see a vast improvement in our service standards. For your information we are in the final planning stages of undergoing a refurbishment of our guest rooms and other facilities in the Hotel. We should see commencement of these works within the next few months.Once again thank you for your comments and trust that could welcome you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great location but the rooms are worse than most 3 star motor inns and are in serious need of renovation.
Service and bars, restaurants good though.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank bomberfan01

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated. I was disappointed to learn that your experience during your stay was not all that you expected. For your information, we are in the final stages and working towards undergoing a refurbishment of various areas of the Hotel including our guest rooms to bring them back to the level in line with a 5 star experience. I trust we can welcome you back again soon.