All reviews shaving cream car park boom gate free tram stop facing north terrace priced hotel room was clean handy location tram line good size north tce few minutes walk pleasant stay across the road festival theatre spa bath public transport
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Nothing to complain about :-)
Having said this, my rating could have been much lower, because I'm sensitive to traffic noise.
I was initially given a room which had what I consider a lot of traffic noise, but I immediately asked if I could possibly change to a quiet room, and my request was granted.
There are 4 internal rooms on each level which do not have a view (although there is a window) and these rooms are very quiet :-)
The rooms and bathrooms are very spacious and comfortable.
While there is only one lift, I didn't have any particular problems with congestion.
Although there is no breakfast option, I was able to obtain an apple from reception as I left each day which met my needs. The hotel is located a few minutes walk from the free tram stop, and an easy walk from the Hindley Street nightlife and shopping precincts.

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed 5 October 2018

I stayed here, for business and for the location alone, I will probably still stay here again.
First with the positives. The rooms were clean, the pillows were actually good quality and the staff are freindly. It offers open onsite carpark at $20 per night, which is not bad.

The reason I would rate this hotel at no more than 3.5 stars is because, the hotel is fairly average in terms of its inclusions and decor. The internet was extremely annoying as it would disconnect every ten minutes, but then the hotel has very good reception of Adelaide City free WiFi so you can use it instead.
The bathrooms are very basic and somewhat old and the water sound is quite loud when any of the neighbours are showering. Considering I stayed, on the 4th floor and facing away from the main road, the outside noise was still quit loud.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2018

It was a happy surprise for me when I arrived on my first day at this hotel, to discover the Adelaide Convention Centre, west entrance, is in a direct line to the Riviera, and it was a two minute walk for me. Being a sole traveller, this was easy and safe access for me both day and night, as I attended a three day conference.

The hotel is situated across the road from the hospital, medical school, and two university campuses (University of Adelaide and University of South Australia). There is a tram stop conveniently adjacent to the hotel and the Convention Centre if you want to travel further afield.

The front of the hotel is grey and non-descript, so you can be forgiven for driving past the front entrance and not even noticing it, as I did. I finally arrived at the car park, which is situated directly behind the Riviera. I buzzed at the boom gate and asked to be let in, stating I did not want to pay $20 per day for parking! I paid upon arrival at the hotel, which suited me.

I was situated on the first floor and when I requested milk satchets the service was almost instant. The room was clean and adequate to my needs. I missed not having a microwave but the bar fridge was handy, the baggage storage and the wardrobe. I also appreciated the bath, although it was half a bath, and the full length mirror on the bathroom door, good for make-up and outfit perusal.

The only thing else to say is my door banged each time someone else closed their door, which is a small thing of course. I could also hear others’ voices outside in the corridor, however, this didn’t really disturb me, as I mostly had the tv on in the evenings which drowns out the noise. The price was great, however, I had an aching back from the mattress and the flat pillows were a little uncomfortable.

Overall, it was a good short stay.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Staying here again, this time for two nights in a deluxe double room. This was on the third floor and at the rear of the building, so this meant that there was less noise compared to our previous stay when we were in a family room facing North Terrace.

The room was a smaller size but still good for two people. Beds were excellent and I think the pillows in this room nicer than in the family room. Only one extra blanket provided in the room, though - but when it was put on a bed it was good to see that housekeeping had made the bed up with the blanket on it. (I imagine if we asked reception, they would have happily provided a second blanket)

Bathroom was nice (no spa in this room), shower was nice and there were the same amenities as per our previous stay which included dispensers with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, hand soap and shaving cream.

As usual, reception staff were friendly, parking was $20 per night for off street parking subject to availability, the trams were convenient, and we had our usual pleasant stay.

Definitely worth the extra money for a deluxe room if you ask me! :D

Room Tip: Rooms that face away from North Terrace will be quieter than those that do.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Douglas C
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is comfortable and quite clean. Our room was on 4th floor and it was quiet.
with just a normal little bit of noise from the street and others rooms.
The room comes with a balcony and two outside chairs to relax and enjoy the view.
The spa bath was absolutely beautiful and the bed was comfortable as well.
You can also find cups, teaspoons, wine and water glasses, coffee and tea. Toiletries, towel and blanket are provided.
If you like you can buy from the fridge water bottles, wine and coke cans.
We enjoyed our night out in this hotel!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple