“Conventient and Comfortable”

Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Sydney, Australia
“Conventient and Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

As Hilton Gold I got upgraded to Executive Level for free which is good. The room is clean and renovated, even though it is not luxurious. The buffet breakfast is good with fantastic gourmet yougurt. It is very convenient, next to Victoria Square, as well as very easy access to Central Market, Chinatown as well as all the restaurants at Gouger St. Can catch free tram within the city at Victoria Square which is great. This is one of the best located hotel to stay at Adelaide.

Room Tip: Request for Victoria Square View for some green views.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
AJHeath, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Dear Guest
I was delighted to receive your review of your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide and appreciate your feedback.
The hotel does enjoy a wonderful location, close to both the city and transport to the beachside suburbs.
I am also pleased you had the chance to sample our Brasserie Breakfast with its South Australian produce focus.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Michael Schmitt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

We had an enjoyable stay at the Hilton Adelaide. We got an upgrade at checkin to a deluxe room. The staff were friendly, and we thought that the restaurant was great. Only slightly negative thing for us was when arriving at the hotel, not knowing where parking was located or how to access it. The hotel's parking is located offsite about four to five minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
I appreciate your reflections of Hilton Adelaide and am pleased you enjoyed your time with us.
We do rely on a third party operator for our car parking facility as unfortunately we do not have a car park on site. We do have a valet service available as the facility is a few minutes walk from the hotel.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again to Hilton Adelaide.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed at the Adealide Hilton and paid a rate of $150 per day. I had fairly average expectations as it's quite an old hotel and it was as expected. The room was pleasant with a nice view of Adelaide. It's a great location right in the heart of town and only a ten minute walk to Rundle Mall. The concierge desk was very helpful and obliging.

There is a small pool but the area surrounding it is quite neglected. There is also an indoor spa. There is an outdoor tennis court as yet

The decor in the lobby is very 1980's but the restaurant food was good and the service was attentive.

I was happy with my stay given that I had fairly low expectations and for the price paid it was good value.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of Hilton Adelaide.
I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your kind words regarding the location of the property.
We do hope to upgrade our pool area early in the new year with new furniture to create a more modern atmosphere.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide again soon.

Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Well appointed room with a comfortable bed and excellent facilities. Very good hotel facilities including well equipt gym, sauna, spa and outdoor pool along with running track and tennis courts. Friendly staff and lovely breakfast options. Overall very good.

• Stayed November 2011
AJHeath, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience of Hilton Adelaide.

I am delighted you had the opportunity of utilizing our many and varied facilities and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Whyalla, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I recently stayed at the Hilton for one night on route for a trip overseas. The service of checking in was perfectly fine and the rooms themselves are actually wonderful with a very comfy bed.
I had my car with me and used the hotel valet parking. In the morning on picking up my car I found that my house keys were no longer attached to my car key. I obviously took this issue up with management. I was told that I lost the keys and that it was not their fault, and told me to search my handbag. I needed to leave as I had an international flight to catch, but an hour or so later I received a call saying they found the keys and would post them to me. On arriving home from overseas the keys that were supposedly posted immediately, were not waiting for me, and I could not enter my house.
Very disgruntled about the service I received, would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sparklysuz
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience of Hilton Adelaide on Trip Advisor.

Naturally I was disappointed that we did not meet your expectations particularly on departure from the hotel.

Unfortunately your house keys detached from your car keys as the concierge went to retrieve your vehicle. Once the error was discovered the team express posted the keys to your home address and we understand they were delivered to your nearest post office within 2 days.

I apologise for the inconvenience and hope that we can welcome you back to Hilton Adelaide again in the future to prove that we can do better.