All reviews dress circle free bus small block of apartments park in the car park studio apartment welcome pack minute walk washing machine and dryer off street parking great wifi flight path restaurants and cafes o'connell st cleaning service excellent accommodation easy access self contained
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We liked our little apartment (no.4) it had everything we needed and more for our 3 night stay - wifi was fast and the shower was really good. It was modern and clean. We also felt very secure with a gate into the complex and double doors into the apartment itself. We were always able to park in the car park, in fact we were often the only car. Although it’s not right in the city we happily walked in each day, enjoying taking slightly different routes each time so we got to see the area.
The downsides we noticed were there wasn’t really anywhere for me to store my suitcase as it was too large to go in the wardrobe so it was sometimes in the way. I found the bed way too soft but that is a personal preference as I like a firm bed. If we were to stay again we would request an upstairs apartment as we could often hear the people above pulling out their dining chairs etc.

Stayed: January 2018
74Melb, Guest Relations Manager at Adelaide DressCircle Apartments - Sussex Street, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Thank you for your review.
We are glad that you enjoyed our lovely Sussex st apartment and welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

I booked with DressCircle for the second time based on the first time experience and again they didn’t disappoint. A nice room and spotlessly clean with a new apartment look. They take great care with the look of the apartment.

The only thing for me was that I actually wish the Ward Street site was available when I booked... only because the layout of the room was better and had better parking provision. Perhaps I booked different room types but I highly doubt this.

Talking of parking, the parking immediately outside the number 32 site was fully booked when I arrived... this was my fault as I hadn’t booked a spot in advance so they allowed me to park in the site across the street but this was far less desirable as the overall space outside were tight... risky in particular with a hire car and trusting other guests’ driving and parking! I ended up parking on the street at times for better peace of mind so my advice is book the parking early!

My room had all the amenities you could need though (highlights being fast WiFi and pleasant shower) and the only other thing I did notice was that the walls did let in some noise from other rooms despite the guests not being too loud.

I would always consider DressCircle for my next Adelaide visit, provided prices remain competitive, but would always go for Ward Street in future.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment here whilst attending a conferences the Convention Centre across the road. It's actually in Oaks Embassy but separately managed. I had to call a number 15 minutes prior to arriving so someone could meet new& check me in. The apartment itself is spacious and clean but has view of a wall ( part of a carpark behind) as it at the back of the building so may be worth requesting one in higher floor if view is important. On the plus side - it's quiet! The bed wasn't the most comfortable, so sleep was difficult.
The kitchen is well equip. There's even a washer & dryer w detergent supplied.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I booked this because it was self contained, close to town and I could (in theory) work during the day and relax at night. No such luck. I am pretty sure they are renovating the apartment above, starting at about 8.00 am and (I am still here so can still hear them banging) going till past 8 pm. Sounds like a couple of tradesman building cupboards, laying tiles etc. It is a pity because the apartment is in a good spot and for the price good value.
Unless you want to work or sleep.
Will not be retuning.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
74Melb, Manager at Adelaide DressCircle Apartments - Sussex Street, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hi Mel
I am so sorry you were disturbed. This location is normally so quiet, small one way street and quiet block. We did have some works in one of the apartments, (a temporary event) however I was at the building during the morning and there were no workmen on site then, they only came in the afternoon for a couple of hours and were finished by 5pm.
Had we been aware that you would be home, we would certainly have moved your booking to our building across the street. I do apologise that you were disturb on that one afternoon. These works will be finished very shortly and the building will go back to being a beautiful and very quiet place to stay
Kind regards
Trudy

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed in the Sussex St apartments. We were delighted with our accommodation, which was well appointed, clean and modern. All the staff were delightful - nothing was too much trouble. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
74Melb, Manager at Adelaide DressCircle Apartments - Sussex Street, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Hi Lynn, Thank you for your lovely review. Our staff all work hard to provide excellent service and product. We do take enormous pride in our apartments. I will pass on your comments and look forw3ard to seeing you again
Kind Regards