“Lovely ”
Review of Beach Club

Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in June. We had originally booked to stay at Qualia, however due to Cyclone Debbie we were moved to Beach Club instead. Although I was initially disappointed that we wouldn't get to experience Qualia, I must say we enjoyed the Beach Club.
Positives about this hotel:
1. Staff were extremely accommodating. Breanna, Kris and Delaney were our favourites. Amazing customer service and willing to have general chit chat in addition to just 'serving'.
2. Al la Carte breakfast made fresh every morning so it's hot and of the best quality.
3. Welcome drink upon arrival was a lovely gesture.
4. The bathrooms were beautiful. However could use more lighting towards the shower and toilet.
5. The views were out of this world!
6. All the food was great quality. Breakfast, room service, pool service, Restaurant.
7. The added service of staff being at your beck and call to pick you up wherever you are on the island. All you have to do is get employee's at the local tavern, restaurants, marina to call the Beach Club and a car is sent to pick you up in a matter of minutes. I don't think we ever waited longer than 3 - 4 minutes to be picked up!
8. The rooms were beautiful and house keeping friendly.

Now for the negatives;
1. Our airconditioning wasn't working when we checked in. We complained and the staff quickly called someone out to rectify this. However, after all new parts were installed, it still wasn't working. We complained again only to be made to feel like we were lying or imagining it. After staff checked a room next door to find we were actually telling the truth, they quickly moved us into the next room. We were given an apology and a bottle of wine and cheese platter on the house which was a nice gesture.
2. There is a lack of cushions and lounge chairs on the beach.
3. We found it difficult to get service on the beach for drinks and food. Staff were too busy serving by the pool and chit chatting to each other in the bar. On a couple of occasions we had to stand up on the lounge chairs at the beach and wave to get attention.
4. There is no gym at this resort which I was highly surprised by given its 5 star.
5. There are no laundromat facilities to wash your clothes. The Reef View Hotel across the road has them, however they were disgusting and musky smelling. There is an open laundromat in town, but when you're staying at a 5 star resort, you don't want to travel in town to get your clothes washed and don't want to spend $20 for a shirt to use the resort in house laundry service.
6. As much as we loved the cockatoos, they would often leave their droppings on your balcony which wouldn't be cleaned by housekeeping. This seems to be over looked when your room has been cleaned.
7. The cocktail prices are extremely high. It cost us more for cocktails at our hotel than it did at Bombies Restaurant which we found very surprising.
8. The restaurant at the resort is way too small for the number of guests that can be accommodated at the hotel. Something definitely needs to be improved here. It's extremely disappointing when you're staying at a 5 star resort and you have to wait for a table for breakfast or can't get a table for dinner. Everybody should be able to have dinner in their resort. I suppose this is the negative of only 1 restaurant.
9. We found it disappointing that we had to pay for a Golf Buggy to get around town. This should be included for all guests, especially when Qualia and some apartment hire places provide this in their price. It cost us just over $700 on top of our accommodation to hire a Buggy for 7 days. Even though Beach Club can pick you up in their vans, it's nice to have a personalised Buggy to explore the island and enable you to come and go as you please.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. I would happily stay at the Beach Club again but my husband said he would rather stay in an apartment where a Buggy is included.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsKeys45
There are newer reviews for Beach Club

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We had literally just left our wedding ceremony and was picked up by our jag and dropped off at the Beach Club to check-in (still in our wedding attire). As I had no pockets nor a bag on me, they took my husband's details and did an express check-in as they were expecting us anyway.

The staff were very much amazed with my big wedding dress, which made the conversation and check-in process flow smoothly.

Once we were shown our room, we were taken aback. Not only is this an 'adults only' place, it was perfect for us to just have our 'we' time and soak in that we were married and that we had a big reception night ahead of us. We were on cloud 9 after we had checked in. We were given a complimentary bottle of champagne for us to have a newly wed toast and even had $150 room credit as a bride and groom gift. It was just getting better from there!

We ordered room service to start our Beach Club stay off - Natural Oysters and truffle fries, which were delicious - perfect with our champagne.

Staying at this hotel also meant that you get free 24 hour van access, meaning there's no need for you to hire a buggy as they can take you anywhere and also pick you up from anywhere on the island. (It was perfect for after our reception night when my feet were dead from wearing my heels all day).

There's a pool at Beach Club, that's almost like an infinity pool, which an excellent touch to this hotel.

After dinner on our last night on the island, my husband went to get something from our room and found that our door was wide open. I immediately ran up when he said that and made sure that nothing was missing from the room. I was shaken. There was an 'Ecoya' candle and bottle of water sitting on the wall just behind our bed, which we had not seen before. I phone reception to tell them that our door was wide open and was not sure what was happening. I was frantic and asked if they gave 'Ecoya' candles. He said that they do give those candles as a gift and quickly told me that housekeeping must have accidentally left the door open. He apologized and reassured me that it had not been open for long.

Despite that little incident, the rest of our stay was great! It was a pretty good start to our pre-honeymoon and was close to a mini honeymoon. We would go back again soon!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Having visited in Hamilton Island more than 30 years ago, this was a a wonderful surprise. A four night break to throw off the winter blues. Beach Club was perfect from the time we were picked up fro the airport - luggage was not handled by us, to a stress free check-in with champagne while we waited for the keys, lovely upstairs room close to the beach listening to the waves and gorgeous blue sea. Staff wonderful. Beach Club is an adults only place with a limited number of rooms, so it's pretty informal. Breakfast is included with buffet items and cooked dishes off a menu - excellent. Lunch and dinner are available too - also very good. Transport is a few minutes away as staff drive and pick up. Golf and spa treatments available - course is beautiful if somewhat challenging and couples massages at the spa were good too. We will be making this a mid-winter escape destination next year and beyond.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This place is so amazing! We will definitely be going back to the Beach Club! Great rooms, wonderful breakfasts and meals. Staff are amazing and helpful and they can even make great cocktails, going out of their way to oblige. A must stay for anyone who wants a taste of luxury! Of course the infinity pool was gorgeous and the views spectacular!

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank MALTMUFF
Reviewed 30 July 2017

This place is not cheap, by any means. However, the service from the moment you arrive at the airport was amazing. Your suitcases are taken care of while you are whisked off to the hotel. At the hotel, you're immediately offered beverages while sitting in the lounge looking out onto the beach. The rooms face the beach and you have a little patio if you're on the ground floor (which I personally preferred). I saw a wallaby the first day in the patio! The hotel offers transportation (to/from) anywhere on the island which is very convenient if you don't have a golf cart or just feel like being lazy. The island was bigger than expected. Breakfast every morning was great and you were greeted with a smile. The rooms were immaculate and the front desk is very helpful in terms of recommending tours. I initially was worried that the the cost wouldn't be worth it, but the Beach Club exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Coral Point Lodge
#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour
26.4 km away
Heart Hotel and Gallery Whitsundays

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!