My husband and I stayed here in June. We had originally booked to stay at Qualia, however due to Cyclone Debbie we were moved to Beach Club instead. Although I was initially disappointed that we wouldn't get to experience Qualia, I must say we enjoyed the Beach Club.
Positives about this hotel:
1. Staff were extremely accommodating. Breanna, Kris and Delaney were our favourites. Amazing customer service and willing to have general chit chat in addition to just 'serving'.
2. Al la Carte breakfast made fresh every morning so it's hot and of the best quality.
3. Welcome drink upon arrival was a lovely gesture.
4. The bathrooms were beautiful. However could use more lighting towards the shower and toilet.
5. The views were out of this world!
6. All the food was great quality. Breakfast, room service, pool service, Restaurant.
7. The added service of staff being at your beck and call to pick you up wherever you are on the island. All you have to do is get employee's at the local tavern, restaurants, marina to call the Beach Club and a car is sent to pick you up in a matter of minutes. I don't think we ever waited longer than 3 - 4 minutes to be picked up!
8. The rooms were beautiful and house keeping friendly.
Now for the negatives;
1. Our airconditioning wasn't working when we checked in. We complained and the staff quickly called someone out to rectify this. However, after all new parts were installed, it still wasn't working. We complained again only to be made to feel like we were lying or imagining it. After staff checked a room next door to find we were actually telling the truth, they quickly moved us into the next room. We were given an apology and a bottle of wine and cheese platter on the house which was a nice gesture.
2. There is a lack of cushions and lounge chairs on the beach.
3. We found it difficult to get service on the beach for drinks and food. Staff were too busy serving by the pool and chit chatting to each other in the bar. On a couple of occasions we had to stand up on the lounge chairs at the beach and wave to get attention.
4. There is no gym at this resort which I was highly surprised by given its 5 star.
5. There are no laundromat facilities to wash your clothes. The Reef View Hotel across the road has them, however they were disgusting and musky smelling. There is an open laundromat in town, but when you're staying at a 5 star resort, you don't want to travel in town to get your clothes washed and don't want to spend $20 for a shirt to use the resort in house laundry service.
6. As much as we loved the cockatoos, they would often leave their droppings on your balcony which wouldn't be cleaned by housekeeping. This seems to be over looked when your room has been cleaned.
7. The cocktail prices are extremely high. It cost us more for cocktails at our hotel than it did at Bombies Restaurant which we found very surprising.
8. The restaurant at the resort is way too small for the number of guests that can be accommodated at the hotel. Something definitely needs to be improved here. It's extremely disappointing when you're staying at a 5 star resort and you have to wait for a table for breakfast or can't get a table for dinner. Everybody should be able to have dinner in their resort. I suppose this is the negative of only 1 restaurant.
9. We found it disappointing that we had to pay for a Golf Buggy to get around town. This should be included for all guests, especially when Qualia and some apartment hire places provide this in their price. It cost us just over $700 on top of our accommodation to hire a Buggy for 7 days. Even though Beach Club can pick you up in their vans, it's nice to have a personalised Buggy to explore the island and enable you to come and go as you please.
Overall we enjoyed our stay. I would happily stay at the Beach Club again but my husband said he would rather stay in an apartment where a Buggy is included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its absolute beachfront location, the Beach Club offers the ultimate romantic island holiday experience. Set in landscaped gardens, all 57 rooms face directly onto Catseye Beach, each with its own private courtyard or balcony. Exclusive room inclusions / a la carte breakfast daily at the Beach Club restaurant / VIP return Hamilton Island airport / marina to Beach Club transfers / VIP chauffeur service / use of catamarans, paddle skis, windsurfers and snorkeling equipment / use of the gym, spa and sauna / tennis and squash court hire / use of the beach, The Club lounge, pool and restaurant. Note: Beach Club does not cater for persons under the age of 18 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Club Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Resort Hamilton Island
- Beach Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Hamilton Island
- Beach Club Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Islands