We had literally just left our wedding ceremony and was picked up by our jag and dropped off at the Beach Club to check-in (still in our wedding attire). As I had no pockets nor a bag on me, they took my husband's details and did an express check-in as they were expecting us anyway.
The staff were very much amazed with my big wedding dress, which made the conversation and check-in process flow smoothly.
Once we were shown our room, we were taken aback. Not only is this an 'adults only' place, it was perfect for us to just have our 'we' time and soak in that we were married and that we had a big reception night ahead of us. We were on cloud 9 after we had checked in. We were given a complimentary bottle of champagne for us to have a newly wed toast and even had $150 room credit as a bride and groom gift. It was just getting better from there!
We ordered room service to start our Beach Club stay off - Natural Oysters and truffle fries, which were delicious - perfect with our champagne.
Staying at this hotel also meant that you get free 24 hour van access, meaning there's no need for you to hire a buggy as they can take you anywhere and also pick you up from anywhere on the island. (It was perfect for after our reception night when my feet were dead from wearing my heels all day).
There's a pool at Beach Club, that's almost like an infinity pool, which an excellent touch to this hotel.
After dinner on our last night on the island, my husband went to get something from our room and found that our door was wide open. I immediately ran up when he said that and made sure that nothing was missing from the room. I was shaken. There was an 'Ecoya' candle and bottle of water sitting on the wall just behind our bed, which we had not seen before. I phone reception to tell them that our door was wide open and was not sure what was happening. I was frantic and asked if they gave 'Ecoya' candles. He said that they do give those candles as a gift and quickly told me that housekeeping must have accidentally left the door open. He apologized and reassured me that it had not been open for long.
Despite that little incident, the rest of our stay was great! It was a pretty good start to our pre-honeymoon and was close to a mini honeymoon. We would go back again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its absolute beachfront location, the Beach Club offers the ultimate romantic island holiday experience. Set in landscaped gardens, all 57 rooms face directly onto Catseye Beach, each with its own private courtyard or balcony. Exclusive room inclusions / a la carte breakfast daily at the Beach Club restaurant / VIP return Hamilton Island airport / marina to Beach Club transfers / VIP chauffeur service / use of catamarans, paddle skis, windsurfers and snorkeling equipment / use of the gym, spa and sauna / tennis and squash court hire / use of the beach, The Club lounge, pool and restaurant. Note: Beach Club does not cater for persons under the age of 18 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Club Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Resort Hamilton Island
- Beach Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Hamilton Island
- Beach Club Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Islands