“Cheap taco tuesday”

Ranked #103 of 442 Restaurants in Townsville
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Can't go past cheap taco Tuesday they are basic but really tasty so if your after a cheap tasty eat be sure to check it out

1  Thank Kiz18

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Thursday night special beer and shnitzel extremely cheap yet massive size and beer options werr great. The service was great especially at the bar. Love the design of the place, funky and modern atmosphere

Reviewed 2 July 2017

dropped in for lunch we had a crispy chicken burger and a chilli burger both came with chips I mean fries. Both tasted OK not magnificent. My companion's chicken and bacon wee black from the grill and had a funky smell but she survived. My burger was ok.- a nice substantial beef pattie.
I have heard stories of generally substandard customer service in Townsville compared to say, Cairns. The Courtyard although fine did not do anything to disprove this. Maybe the Saturday morning hangovers are an excuse. Anywho it;s worth a try as service was efficient. A nice space but we will try across the lane next visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

My partner Matt and I attended The Courtyard last night Sat 24.6.17 at around 6.30pm: Matt ordered the vegetarian nachos for me at the bar; the lady who took the order asked if jalapenos chilies were required on the nachos, to which he said a resounding yes (as I am a chilli lover). The $14.00 quite small size dish arrived in good time, but with no chillies and more importantly NO CHEESE!
I took it back to the bar to ask for some chillies and cheese to be added. The waitress came to our table saying they would make me another, & telling me that the melted cheese is under the corn chips. I lifted up the corn chips showing nothing but the plate & asked her where it was? Dish removed & she then left me with a side order of chillies.
About 3 mins later one of the male chefs (?) came and gave me the new portion of nachos & apologised.
Cheese? Or yeah, there WAS cheese; about 2 x 1cm strings melted into the corner of the dish. I decided not to take it back again as we were off to the theatre.
But when the same waitress came back & asked how my meal was, I told her that again there was no cheese. 'Its underneath' she said. Again I showed her the lack of it.
Taking a deep breath I explained that I eat & cook Mexican food A LOT. Nachos always has a handful of grated cheese melted on top, then the guacamole & salsa, beans etc then the sour cream, then the chillies. I said 'it's not your fault, you wait tables, not cook the food... but I've had better'. Needless to say, I shall NOT be returning to this overpriced, stingy with the cheese restaurant!

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Great little spot located in City Lane. Good location with plenty of parking. Located close to other restaurants. Clean establishment with nice, friendly, and helpful staff. Good variety of food and drinks to select from. Added bonus of playing board games while you wait - kept the kids occupied. Will definitely be back! Thanks Courtyard!
#dontpissoffthegnomes