“Fresh, affordable grilled fish and chips”

Chevron Island Seafoods
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

This place was busy during lunch on weekdays and I had to get takeaway. The grilled fish was very fresh and the serve was large for $9.50.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Delicious fresh cooked fish and chips, burgers, calamari, oysters and the best battered sav I've ever had. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

A great place for a nice feed, chips are yum, crispy and better than the norm, lamb souvlaki kebabs are the thing i go for here (the new kebab shop over the road should have checked the competition before going ahead i suspect) the flavours are fab, caramelised onions, spicy sauce - I love it

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Inattentive and almost-rude service, zero taste in the fish, chips far too oily and have to pay extra even for a dollop of tartare sauce. If we were living on Chevron Island, which we don’t, we just wouldn’t be going back there.

Lukey M, Online Customer Service at Chevron Island Seafoods, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Hey Albert,

Going through your other reviews I see you're a tough marker, you don't hand out good ratings easily. Usually we love that at CIS as even the toughest of judges go away happy. Seems this time, sadly, we missed the mark.

If you could let me know when you ate at the shop (date & rough time), what fish you had and how you had it cooked it would be a great help.

The Tartar sauce is a bugbear for some, which I understand. The only thing I would add is how obscene the wastage is of sauce when it's complimentary, something something often not considered.

If you can give us another chance we would love to make things right for you. If you can get back to me with the above answers wonderful otherwise at least come back into the shop sometime and ask for "Frank" or "Warren". Let them know your have been speaking to Luke on TripAdvisor, they'll be expecting you and I'm sure they won't let you down.

Thanks for taking the time to review our shop and really sorry we missed the mark on the day you were in.

Cheers Luke

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Great experience everytime I come here! They always go above and beyond. The freshest seafood and cooked perfectly everytime, everything is amazing here, you honestly can't go wrong. Such friendly service and can also BYO and eat in or takeaway! Once you try you will be hooked like me ;)