“Yum Yum”

Charlie's Cafe & Bar
Ranked #125 of 432 Restaurants in Surfers Paradise
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Iconic Surfers Paradise restaurant open till late. Varied menu of delicious food ranging from Breakfast to Pastas/ pizzas, steaks, burgers; seafood and a lot more. Great selection of wines, beers and cocktails. Fantastic ambience and a great position to while away the hours.
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We ate at Charlie's two nights in a row. We had the lamb shanks one night and the grilled barramumdi and the salmon the next. The meals were superb! My kids enjoyed bolognese and fish and chips.
The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. Will definitely return..

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Stopped in here for some breakfast upon arriving in the Gold Coast.
I ordered Poached Eggs on Toast with Avocado and a Banana Smoothie. My friend ordered a Coffee Frappe and Eggs Benedict.
We got our drinks - my smoothie was lovely but my friends Coffee Frappe was more a coffee milkshake & far too sweet which meant he only drank half and the rest went to waste.
The timing wasn't great. My friends eggs benedict came out and he had almost finished it before mine came out even though we placed our order minutes apart.
My Avocado was served on the side instead of on the toast which was fine but the toast was very hard to cut through and the knives on the table were all blunt. I had to really work just to cut the bread! My friends poached eggs were perfect but both of mine were over cooked meaning while I ordered poached, I received hard boiled.
With so many options for food in the gold coast, I wouldn't return here.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Just had coffee here but the wait staff were just as warm and welcoming as if we had had a full meal. Cakes looked nice.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

My Hamburger was only ordinary at best, the chips were soggy obviously reheated in the micro wave. My families meals were the same. The service was good and prompt probably why my hamburger was ordinary as it arrived in minutes

Reviewed 28 July 2018

After visiting Charlie's for over 30 years I was blowen away today to find Charlie's famous fingers were off the menu . I talking to the staff they were unaware on what I was talking about thought they did say they had been asked 4 times this week.
One sure way not to be there this time next year is to change a very successful marketing strategy which as been in operation since 1976.
Dum I may not visit again

1  Thank juliebattersby