This hotel is really a 3-star and once you accept that its perfectly adequate. This is actually my second time staying at here, having needed some short-notice low-cost accommodation.
The staff were quite friendly and polite. As typical of most Australians, as long as you are cordial even when upset you will be treated respectfully. But unlike Asia, Australians will bite back if you pick a fight with them. It's just the culture so fair warning. Anyway, I digress: staff were good and the lady even came up to give me new keys when my keys failed to open the door!
The rooms are consistently average, which isn't bad considering this is a n older hotel that needs a full renovation sooner rather than later. Having said that, apart from some thin, slightly worn carpet and the shower that puts out very little water (great for water conservation, bad for you) everything worked and I got a decent nights sleep.
The pool was fair. Fairly small, but at least clean. I walked passed the heated spa but alas it probably could only fit 4 adults and at the time was filled up with 6 kids ranging from 4 years to 10 years old. I wasn't keen to share or even feel the water but I suspect it was at least warm although no steam came from the water.
The location is fairly decent.. 15 minutes walk to the beach, shops and restaurants. Not exactly central but close enough. Whilst I did have a breakfast option I didn't get around to trying it out.
To summarize, if you can get a low special rate here and don't mind a solid 3-star experience then this hotel gives value for money. Probably best suited for budget families or business people who need a place to rest their head at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia