1,855 results
All reviews gold tower revolving restaurant four winds relish restaurant main tower spa bath tram stop buffet breakfast room service corner room king room large bathroom top floor ocean view an upgrade bit dated pacific fair
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

From the minute I arrived I felt so welcome. Every staff member, from duty manager to concierge to cleaner always had a genuine smile and made me feel at home.
My trip was a belated birthday present to myself and I asked for was an ocean view, which they gave me.
I could see the ocean from my bed, and hear the waves of a night. Magical.
I've read some reviews that complained because the view isn't unobstructed - I'm not sure what people expect in a city full of high rises. It didn't bother me at all. And if you want an unobstructed view it's only a short stroll to the beach.
There were also fresh chocolate covered strawberries on arrival. Perfect.
The bed was extremely comfortable (I'm fussy with beds) - great sleep.
I'm really happy I chose this hotel.
I'll definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank lidiab691
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Booked 2 2-double beds oceanview rooms for 6 people including myself, however upon reaching the rooms, we were disappointed to see the oceanview was only partially. The rooms given were facing city, the only ocean view was to our extreme right, totally different from what was stated in their app. We were too tired to ask for a change of rooms from the travelling thus we just accepted as it was. It was not worth the 866aud we paid for the 3 nights. No locks for the room door, so anyone with the keycard could enter the room even if you put up a DND sign. As much as I am a fan of IHG hotels (being an elite member), I will probably not return to this property again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank narul2015
Duty M, Manager on Duty at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear narul2015,

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that your group did not like the views from your rooms and that it was not what you expected. The views from our Ocean View rooms does vary across our building, although we believe all to have great panoramic views.
Regarding the Locks and DND signs, we have strict rules regarding entry to rooms and assure you that there certainly should not be any entry to your room when a DND sign is displayed.
We hope you do give us the opportunity to visit us again.
Kind regards
Joseph R
Manager on Duty

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Location is a good one coz right opposite the hotel is a Tram station which takes you straight to Surfers Paradise. Now if given a chance you could also stay on a property @ Surfers Paradise itself. Room sizes are good but rooms are old and worn out. Carpet smells and comes out. So basically if anything falls and you pick it up it’s the carpet that comes before anything else in your hand. When me and my wife checked in we were asked to pay $20 per night extra for a top floor with ocean view, we did that but to our shock there was nothing except buildings and just a petty view of the ocean in between the buildings. Breakfast was charged additionally and was a rip off. I would rate 5/10 for this property.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear CPSB78,
I am disappointed with your issues during your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your feedback regarding the carpet is followed up with our housekeeping department as we certainly do not believe this to be acceptable.
With regards to our Ocean View rooms, as we are situated back from the beach there are some buildings along the shore line, but we still believe there are great views from those rooms, as displayed by some of the travelers photos on this site.
Thank you for your review and feedback.
Kind regards
Joseph R
Manager on Duty

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Spent 3 days here, Room 1912. Great room, large, tub, lovely view. Service excellent. CAR Parking easy, Front desk service top class, a good location not city centre, but access to all amenities.

This was a very stylish but homely experience, the Revolving restaurant on top obvious atraction, but did not use this time. .

Hard to fault

Room tip: A view of beach if possible, always like a higher floor
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alec W
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Located on 26 th floor, just one block from the beach. The seating area rotates to display coast and hinterland views. One rotation approx 2 hours .
Very good variety of foods and seafood and deserts. Spacious dining areas that feel rather private and not crowded at buffett.
Good value.
Down side.? We ate too much.

Trip type: Travelled solo