1,553 results
All reviews kids club ice skating mini mart laser tag rock climbing jungle gym family room king bunkhouse kids paradise water play great for kids zone kids kids activities per child child minding poolside cafe pool area
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Yes wow! I cannot praise the staff highly enough. They were all so friendly and helpful and went above and beyond to ensure our coeliac daughter was catered for. Facilities spotless and clean so many activities for the children and also adults. Cannot wait to return and check out "dustys" new digs. We will definitely return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Sheridan N, Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Hi Theresa,
It was a pleasure looking after you and your family. May I say that's what Paradise Resort is all about.
See you and your family soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Car parking ($15 per day) and Most of the MAIN activities are an extra cost (ice skating -$20 each PP, rock climbing, laser tag, hair braiding, teddy making etc etc).

I made the booking direct via phone to make sure I was booking the right room for my family. I asked for a view and a room for myself, hubby and our two children (6&7years old), the receptionist ensured me the aqua view superior room was the right one for us.
Arrived, check in was fine, parked undercover (not included in accomodation price), went up in the very rough lift to our room, walked down the hallway and into our room and nearly burst into tears.....the hallway and our room was so dark and looked straight onto a back street. I went back to reception and asked if there had been a mix up, the receptionist assisted me and then demanded another $20 per night to change room with a better view. We went to level 3 in the same section,it was a bit better but very over priced for what the room offered.
When we where in the room we always had to have the curtains open and lights on...... my daughter had to sleep with us, as the roll out bed was like sleeping in a hard rock garden. (Love the manager to try out the roll out bed for a night).

Woken early every morning with trades at the new building that is being built next door over looking the paradise resort water park. And children crying in the hallway.

Positives:
- Daily cleaner - fresh towels and beds made.
- Restaurant & mini mart onsite.

Negatives:
- Hallways to rooms are very dark & gloomy.
- Rooms very basic& small, hardly any natural light.
- Microwave, tv, bar fridge supplied. No cutlery, toaster or anything to assist with you staying in to eat. Everything is set up, so you just keep spending $ at the premises!
- Waterpark, gets turned off at 4pm.

After waiting such a long time to go on our first real family holiday..... so glad we stayed at a few different accomodation places, instead of booking our whole time at paradise resort. Was such a disappointment to finish our family at this venue.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 543reneew
Sheridan N, Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Hi 543reneew,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your holiday with us and our resort did not meet your expectations on this occasion. It is unfortunate that you didn't bring to our attention the negatives that you were experiencing as the team at Paradise Resort would have endeavoured to provide solutions for you and your family. I do hope that your children were able to have fun participating in the complimentary activities and including the Kids Club programmes. We wish you all the best for your future family holidays.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I had had this place talked up to me from friends who had gone a few years back, and some websites which rated it as number one for young kids travelling. In the pics it looks bright and fresh and new. To put the place into context though, they are planning on demolishing it and building multiple towers on the site- which explained to me why everything was old and, while it appeared clean, very dated and needing work.Everything looks well used and tired, apart from the splash pad.
Pros: The kids loved it. They loved the two pools, they loved the splash pads, they loved a couple of the activities we did.
It was handy having free bbqs to use to make dinner, which were adjoining a play area
It was clean, and I am fussy.
Great staff- very friendly. No complaints at all there.
LOVED the kids club, so we could have a break ourselves
Having a full restaurant and cafe on site was handy

CONS:
Everything was very dated and not in great condition- particularly the rooms. Walls needed repainting, the soap dispenser was badly rusting on the wall, the carpet needed a deep clean, the blockout curtains were patchy etc. It was like an old motel room. The hallways and rooms were very dark all the time because of poor lighting. And when you're paying over $320 a night, you expect way more.
The kids club was great, but they don't include any food and it runs over meal times (10am-2pm and 4-8pm) so you are pretty much forced to pay $10 per child anyway.
Most of the activities offered for kids you had to pay extra for
Parking was $15 a night, if you wanted to park within the grounds ?!
Half the time the splash pads weren't on because of construction next door. We had some disappointed kids at times, esp when you plan the day around them being able to go on it
The wifi kept cutting out in our room
No housekeeping on Sundays? Why not Sundays? We are on holidays, and everyday is the same to us.
We had a 20 month old and there was no where for him to swim. The junior splash pad was only open for a couple of hours during our 4 night stay from what we could see even though it was advertised that it was open from 9-4 daily.

In conclusion, the kids loved it- but I was very disappointed with the amenities. I guess that's the sacrifice you have to make when you're a family with small kids!

Room Tip: even the 'superior' rooms are tired and dated
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Chloe E

Hi Chloe E,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I am sorry to read that Paradise Resort amenities was not what you had expected on this occasion. We understand that Paradise Resort is not for everyone, however it does seem that your children were able to create many fun family holiday memories with us and I wish you all the best for your future holidays.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

My family stayed at Paradise Resort over the Christmas period in 2017 (delayed review, I know) and it was great. We loved that there were kids activities organised all day long, as well as adult activities in the evenings. The pool areas are absolutely fabulous and kept our kids occupied all day long. Our room was a little tired but was clean and suited us fine. Hotel also conveniently located to the main area of Surfers Paradise, the beach and public transport right out front that went to all the theme parks. We would absolutely stay here again with our family.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tabbitha85

Hi Tabbitha85,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort based on your family holiday with us over the Christmas period. It is wonderful to hear that you and all the family were able to create fun holiday memories with us utilising all the facilities and participating in all the activities Paradise Resort has to offer. We hope to see you back here soon.

Delete Response

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Booked into Captain quarters on the first level with an aqua view room. Couldn't see the pool but was right next to two very loud noises first thing in the morning. Firstly the water park where the massive bucket of water empty right in from of our room. Even though the sign said the park was open 9 am to 4 pm it doesn't. The park was turned on every morning at 8. But wasn't so bad at least it drowned out the noise of the high rise building they are building right next to us. Yep, 6.30am every morning was yelling and whistles and banging cause I guess it is a construction site. The rooms, although large were very dated. As a single mum with 3 kids, I would have loved room service. The last thing I felt like doing was putting my kids in the kids club for some mummy time and sitting in a restaurant or coffee shop full of screaming children. Hell no! I was surprised there were no massages for mums either. But as i said the kids loved it, not my wallet. $20 ea child for ice skating, laser tags etc but after all that there are lots for the kids to do. I found it hard and exhausting stretching myself between the 3 kids then listening to everyone else's while I wanted to relax. I would still recommend the resort if anyone asks. The staff are fabulous. Very friendly and courteous. Made the holiday really.

Room Tip: Book everything well in advance. Especially during holidays as it books out very fast
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel A
Sheridan N, Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hello Rachel A,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. It is really appreciated. I am sorry to read that Paradise Resort was not what you expected for yourself. Please let me address your comments; I would like to apologise for the early opening of the waterpark, this is often due to requests from other parents. We understand your frustration in regards to the start time of the construction. Unfortunately, local council has approved the early starts. Had these issues been brought to our attention, we would have been very happy to room move you to a quieter location of the resort immediately. With reference to room service, it is outlined on our website in the frequently asked questions section that we do not have this service, however our guests are welcome to purchase takeaway items from our Café. Our Splashes Mini Mart would have been happy to help you with your enquiry regarding local masseurs who do come to our resort. I am pleased that your children really had fun and we do hope you will return to Paradise Resort in the future.