This hotel has been on at Surfers Paradise for a long time, It has under gone a fantastic rennovation. The theme is beach, fun and sun with funky style. The rooms are wonderful, large with great beds and good size bathrooms, funky modern decor that is wonderfully inviting. The only complaints I have with my room (1208) was the air conditioning, my room was a corner room facing south-west, couldn't get it cool enough in very humid weather and too cold at night (outlet blows straight over the bed). I was there for a conference and a large number of delegates complained about the air in their rooms. The other small compalint is the cost of mini bar items, $8.00 for a Australian beer is over the top, plus other items bit too expensive, that aside this was a great place to stay. The staff are super friendly and service is very good. Food wise the breakfasts are just brilliant, too much to choose from but that is way better than not enough.
The Stringray bar is a great place for a drink in the evenings and the other restuatrants of excellent quality. Location wise the hotel is in a great spot, short walk to a patrolled beach and wonderful beachside walkway. It is about 12 minute walk to Cavill Avenue for shops and cafes and nightclubs. The pool area isn't huge but wonderful place to relax, I did note on a couple mornings that the pool area was closed till 9.00am, annoying if you want a swim after a run on the beach in the mornings, not sure if this is common practice as I was able to swim early on one morning of my five day stay.
I wouldn't recoomend this place for families with children, but couples and business people very much yes.
PS: one thing I did notice which was strange in that you could in some of the lifts only enter three floor levels otherwise it would wipe the entires out??!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an enviable location easy walking distance to the beach, Cavill Avenue shopping and the entertainment district, QT Gold Coast blends first class service with inspired facilities. Formerly the Gold Coast International Hotel, QT Gold Coast is a designer hotel haven unlike anything Surfer’s Paradise has seen before. Relax in our revamped pool area, energise on one of two newly re-topped tennis courts or indulge in the all new market place style Bazaar restaurant after sipping a coastal cocktail creation from Stingray Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your QT Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qt Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Gold Coast International
- Gold Coast International Surfers Paradise
- QT Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia