“Love the new rooms”

Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Gold Coast, Australia
“Love the new rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

My Partner and i were travelling on our honeymoon and found QT to be the perfect Modern hotel
We have stayed once before with the QT before the rooms were refurbed and we love what they have done with rooms, the beds are to die for and the lemonade kit is such a special touch
the only complaint we would have is the front desk staff seemed not interested in serving the guests
we ate in both restaurants and enjoyed them immensely and would go back again and again
overall the hotel is beautiful and a great stay

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear mickdani,

Happy honeymoon! Look how cute your picture is. Lovebirds!

What a pleasure it is to have played host to your honeymoon.I am so happy that we did a great job of your stay and that you loves the little welcome touches like the lemonade.

Front desk staff - now this seems to be a trend at the moment and when we see a trend on here (like our famous missing lemonade) we ramp up our efforts to get this under control. Rest assured this will be rectified immediately and your telling us your thoughts is vital in us getting to know this part of our business more - greatly appreciated.

Pleas come and see us again soon (maybe a babymoon like one of the other reviews I have responded to tonight!).

With care,

QT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

One night stay, a couple.

Rooms: Stayed in a king ocean room. Haven't stayed at the hotel since last year, when the foyer/restaurants were refurbished but not the rooms, so it was great to see the refurbishment. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the TV was massive/high quality, all of the fit outs were really well thought out and had a similar design aesthetic (not just thrown together). Bathroom was well designed too - not massive, but the shower had good water pressure and everything fit - so that's really all that's necessary in a standard hotel room style bathroom!
Staff: On the whole, really friendly! One little exception (below) but everyone else was really friendly and accommodating. Particular thumbs up to the chefs at Bazaar.
Check in/out: Check in a little slow, but then again checking in at 2:15pm, that's pretty standard. Really though, not very long. Check out was lightning quick and efficient without being rushed.
Food/drink: Bazaar is just so well set out, had breakfast again there, and loved it. Great mix of healthy and heart attack options. Pool bar is lovely when it is open - nice relaxed feel and really reasonable prices. Likewise with the room service, good menu and really reasonable price - no "service charge" that bumps up the price to something exorbitant. A smart idea having the food/drink prices as per "bar" rather than as per "hotel" - encourages people to explore the property.

My only quibble was with one staff member at one of the bars - whilst I totally understand that getting some drinks can sometimes take a bit of time (seriously, I understand!), it was frustrating that I was told it would be "4 minutes", and in the end I waited about 15-20 minutes, saw nothing was happening, and asked for the drink order not to go through. I wouldn't have minded at all if it was going to take 5/10/20 minutes and I was told that - again, I totally understand that things are in different fridges/the bar person is waiting on someone else/etc - but it was annoying that I had to take the initiative and ask several times. That said - all of the other staff - from check in to room service to bars to Bazaar - were wonderful! I can't state that enough - but I think it is fair that if there's a short delay on something, to be reasonably honest on how long it'll be, or if things blow out, to let the person know.

In general though, had a lovely time, and we'll be back for sure! I think the hotel advertising/marketing is reasonably clear that it is primarily aiming for a kind of "niche" audience to a degree, which is fine by me. The Gold Coast has enough diverse accommodation options to suit everyone - families, couples, singles, young people, older people, quiet times, party times, etc.

Room Tip: Ocean views are great. From past views, the "mountain" view has that, but with a lot of re...
Dear traveloctopus,

*Happy dance* Five stars from a Senior Reviewer with 31 reviews under their belt and nearly as many helpful votes! QT Gold Coast is loving you and loving life!

You can really tell when reviewers give a lot of time to setting out their reviews for Tripadvisor users (and hotels) to be able to easily maximise their use of the review.

Thanks so much for taking the time to run through all of the areas of the hotel for us and we are suitably chuffed that we are ticking all of the right boxes for you.

So sorry that we hiccupped on the bar wait. They are used to being flat out in there, so I'm unsure what the hold up was, but as you said this is not OK. Will pass it on and make sure that the team are aware of our need to get the drinks out (cold and on time).

We are delighted that you will be back, and would love to take care of you again soonest.

NSW Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend at the QT Gold Coast. The concept is amazing and the quirky ideas from the freshly made lemonade in the room on arrival to The Lawn lounge dowstairs make this hotel a welcome and refreshing change. Staff are all young and energetic and very helpful. I must say the decor is really mind blowing and the uniforms of the staff are so cool. The Bazaar restaurant has the best pork belly I have ever had but the idea of the marketplace and the quality of the food exceeded all our expectations!!! Absolutely beautiful.
Breakfast in Bazaar had the best variety and quality of food we have ever had in any place we have stayed, including overseas. We loved the juices in the bottles with the caps and the little potato rosti and the mini scones are to die for.
Yamagen japanese was yummy as well just remember to book both restaurants as they book out quickly and you wouldn't want to miss any of it.
The other bonus is it is only a block from the beach and 5 minute walk to Cavill Mall but yet far enough away to be calmer and quieter.

Top it off we got a great package for 2 nights with bonuses which made it very affordable as well.

All's we can say is "way to go QT!!!!" we will be back and just wouldn't bother staying anywhere else.

Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

My partner and I were given a voucher for Xmas from our kids for 1 nights accommodation buffet dinner and buffet brekky they booked for 11th February which was also my birthday weekend
I will start at the beginning smooth check in 18th floor hinterland view.... wasn't told which room were in but was written on the card this is the only negative that we have about this hotel
Loved the funky rooms and decor and I don't think at all that that anything was tacky in this hotel....Our buffet dinner was absolutely superb starting from the seafood hot and cold meats
prawn dumplings yummo and the sweets which was on a wooden board didn't look like anything but just loved the popping candy..Mark was the floor manager and he explained everything to us in detail and how it all worked...Angela was our waitress for the night and she was fantastic and filled my icebowl without me asking (that's for my chardy) job well done also I loved the idea that you could get a wine carafe of 500 mls....went to the stingray bar to check it out.... it was pumping (our kids go there)but we decided no it was 10 deep at the bar so we toddled up to our room
so glad we did cos we were up nice and early for our brekky and we were greeted by Laurie
who was just so bubbly and our breakfast was the best we have ever had and yes we too have travelled all around the world and I don't review if I feel they don't deserve it (not into negative reviews).
We met Franca on the 18th floor she was cleaning the rooms and she was very animated and very friendly...Thanks Franca and all the best...had a swim in the pool after we had been down to the beach and knew it was time to go and check out...boo hoo we only live 10mins away but we didn't want to leave we wanted to have lunch in the buffet and go and listed to some music in the stingray bar...but all good things must come to an end.....the checkout was fantastic and we met Kim I just loved her hair....we will definitely be back for staying and for eating...We live on the Gold Coast and sometimes you just don't appreciate what's in your own back yard...Thank You once again QT you made my birthday and I firmly believe you get what you give ps we loved our beds and pillows where can we get the pillows from? also how fantastic to have a hair dryer that is not stuck to the wall (remington so cute)

Room Tip: Will book ocean view next time
1 Thank LisaandDarren1997
Dear LisaandDarren,

What a pair of happy little vegemites you are! You loves your stay from the dumplings to the decor and everything in between.

It's wonderful that we gave you a great place to host your birthday! I absolutely love the remington hairdryer too. The designs on them are so cute (trust me to pick out the most girly thing on your post to identify with lol).

Completely agree with the bar. It is crazy busy and it's fun that your kids are also QT lovers! Stingray really is a local hot spot and it's always pumping.

Knowing that you are in our backyard we hope that you will come back again soonest. Send me an email (I'll inbox you my email) and let me know when your bday is because we would love to have you back next year,

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

l am a new tripadvisor reviewer, yet l have used the website for years reading reviews and weighing up my options! All l can honestly say is lv been angered beyond my sanity and lv decided to write a review based on the managers comments to the last reviewer. For a romantic weekend away l decieded to stay at Qt with my partner and what a horrid experience it was. We are both from Melbourne, and work in the arts so when we looked at Qt website we assumed we would have an enjoyable stay. How wrong we were. Firstly NO LEMONs for the lemonade, which sounds petty yet why advertise something that you can't follow up on. Secondly checking in was a mission with one girl on reception and many more staff floating about yet not wanting to help in any way. All l can say is this hotel is too cool for school yet you have missed the mark beyond words. This place tries too hard and stinks of pretension. Don't be a fool and fall into it like we did. l have stayed at many hotels from backpacker to 5* and this almost rates like one of the 2* l stayed at years ago. Truly bad customer service and a horrible place to stay, the bar and restaurant is overrated also.. Ahhh lm sorry angry. So disappointing. Don't bother..you can find many other hotels around the area. P.s l think it's time for a new manager.. Owner take note. Your staff are rubbish, just a bunch a cabbages trying to look cool.

9 Thank Hugh Y
Dear hugh Y,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your review. Did sound like the place really wasn't your cup of tea. We seem to really hit the mark sometimes, and then really disappoint at others!

Every review is a great chance for us to grow, so we will take all your notes under advisement and work through your points to make sure we are aware of any changes we can make to make it a better experience for our guests.

Our GM is a fantastic guy and comes from a really strong hotel background who has seen this place through an enormous change from the much loved Gold Coast International to the new QT Gold Coast property so I think that comment may have been a bit rough. I understand though given how disappointed you were in your stay.

Would be great if you tried us again in a while so we can have another chance to impress you. Thanks again for giving us the time to help us improve our business. We appreciate it.