All reviews great location family room shopping centre renovated room nice room ocean view seafood buffet tour desk breakfast was included the gold coast paradise centre per day high floor comfortable stay house keeping king bed cavill mall
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

A girlfriend and I stayed here on a Saturday night mid-August. All the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean, the beds were comfy and we had a great view of the ocean (thanks for the Accor Plus member upgrade!). Loads of space in a King Family Ocean View room.

We checked out the roof top bar on level 5 and had a glass of house sparkling (which we both liked) and had the sliders - so good! With comfy lounges and a chilled-out vibe, it was a good spot to relax and have a chat.

I’m so glad Accor / Novotel took over management of this hotel as it’s in an amazing spot (so close to everything in Surfers) and its a much better place to stay compared to when it was part of another hotel chain (I can’t remember which one).

Thanks for the ‘usual’ Accor gold perks, always greatly appreciated- especially the fruit platter as my friend was on a health kick!

Will be back in late September.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank rachellucy81
NovotelSP, General Manager at Novotel Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear rachellucy81,

Thank you for taking the time to write Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests, particularly those who are AccorPlus members!

I will share your comments with my Team as just like me they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us including your great view of the ocean from your upgraded room. I am glad that you managed to find time to enjoy the Hotel's facilities during your time with us including the rooftop bar Cascade Lane with it's excellent sliders on Level 5 which opens Friday to Sunday each week.

Thank you for your feedback rachellucy81 and my Team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise in the near future - see you in September!

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Smooth check in. Room a bit dated but modern decorations and furnishings. Balcony very small. Sunny aspect. Very clean. Superb ocean view. The view makes up for any shortcomings. Would return. Close to everything, beach in walking distance.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Max S

Dear Max S,

Thank you for taking the time to write Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests.

I will share your comments with my Team as just like me they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us including your great view of the ocean from your room. I am glad that you managed to find time to explore some of the attractions of Surfers Paradise that are all in easy walking distance of the Hotel.

Thank you for your feedback Max S and my Team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise in the near future - see you soon!,

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We were on a three day leisure trip to Gold Coast. We got back room on the 34th floor with a balcony facing the sea. The room is spacious with all the the amenities such as toiletries, hair dryer, coffee / tea making facilities, mini mar. The check-in took about 10 minutes since there were a few in front of me and there was only one counter operating at that time. Can't say the staff at the reception was friendly - a sort of arrogant behaviour. However the room, other staff at the restaurant, the spread of items for the breakfast menu etc. helped to forget about the arrogant staff at the check-in counter.

The security deposit was on a higher side with 200 AUD in currency or 100 AUD on credit card. On card it was only an imprint and there was no actual money debited.

Overall it's a great place to stay at Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neelakantan G
NovotelSP, General Manager at Novotel Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Neelakantan G,

I will share your comments with my Team as just like me they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us including your great room on the 34th Floor. I am sorry that you were slightly delayed at check in but thank you for your feedback as we are always trying to improve our service levels and I was happy to read that you were well looked after by the Restaurant Team throughout your stay.

Thank you for your feedback Neelakantan G and my Team and I hope to welcome you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise for your next visit to the Gold Coast,

Reviewed 13 August 2018

On arriving Saturday at the hotel we went to the cafe in the foyer and ordered coffee and a light snack. No one else was in the cafe and after waiting 40 mins we cancelled the order only to be told they are "getting a new chef in a week and then it will be good".
The room was not serviced on the Sunday and was told by house keeping " full service was every 2 days unless requested otherwise". I reminded them I had never stayed in a Novotel that wasn't serviced daily so they sent up new towels and handed them to us at the door.
No toilet paper left after servicing mid week.
Constant wifi issues and was told they needed to run out an old contract.
Tepid hot water for 15 mins during showering.
Night manager informed us that only the rooms up to level 27 had been refurbished which didn't help us as we were on level 31.
As a gold member and always choosing to stay at the Novotel we were extremely disappointing and would in future look at the Marriott.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie A

Dear Jackie A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post during your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, I am sorry that you had a poor experience at the Hotel from it's product and services, please allow me to express my apologies, as a Le Club Gold Member your comments are very important to me.

I am disappointed to read that you were not happy with the servicing of your room throughout your stay, please allow me to apologise for the inconvenience that occurred due to items not being replenished in your room.

I am sorry that you had to cancel your food order in the Lobby Bar, and I am disappointed with the explanation that you received, if there was a delay for food this should have been explained to you at the time you ordered, this is not the service expected at the Hotel.

Thank you for your comments Jackie A and I do hope that next time you are travelling to the Gold Coast you will provide my Team and I with another opportunity to serve you better here at Novotel Surfers Paradise, perhaps in one of the Hotel's freshly refurbished room which are on Levels 6 - 24. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance in any way.

HA7P0-GM@accor.com

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed attending a work retreat based in the area poolside. Retreats are hard work... but the ability to break out in such beautiful poolside surrounding made the event great for learning with and about colleagues. Parking easy. Food great. Accommodation luxe.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Bronwyn H

Dear Bronwyn H,

Thank you for taking the time to write Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests - including those who are with us for work.

I will share your comments with my Team as just like me they will be very happy to know that you all enjoyed your Team building experience around our pool in the heart of Surfers Paradise. Great to hear that you also found the parking easy, your accommodation luxurious and I will share your comments about the food with my Food & Beverage Manager and Chef as they will be happy to hear that it was another part of a positive experience for you.

Thank you for your feedback Bronwyn H and my Team and I hope to welcome you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise for your next visit to the Gold Coast whether for business or pleasure!