3,605 results
All reviews the executive lounge food store bedroom residence fix bar the gold coast ocean view street noise buffet breakfast an upgrade higher floor indoor pool light rail cavill avenue surfers clubs level balcony
Reviewed 13 June 2018

After staying at the Hilton Surfer's Paradise for 6 weeks on business, I felt I got to experience both the good and bad of staying at this hotel.
First, the good things - the staff were outstanding. Everyone who I spoke to, whether front desk staff, concierge, housekeeping or catering were very friendly, professional and efficient. They were happy to meet any reasonable request for assistance, and on many occasions went above and beyond in their level of service. Of particular note was Catherine who I saw most mornings managing the dining room breakfast. What a charming and hard working lady! She remembered repeat guest's names and greeted them every day like a friend. She made me feel right at home during my extended stay.
Other positives - the breakfast buffet was amazing, particularly the chefs who remembered how I liked my eggs in the morning and made them to order. Good variety of food on offer meant I was always spoiled for choice.
The housekeeping staff were always friendly and efficient, leaving my room spotless and always happy to work around my varying work and sleep times during my stay.
The facilities themselves were impressive. I was staying in a hinterland view room in the residence (boulevard) tower and the room was great - lots of room for a single or couple. Everything was bigger and more spacious than one would expect from a hotel room - huge balcony, roomy combined lounge/dining/kitchen area and the big bedroom. It was stocked with anything I could possibly need during my stay including cookware, crockery and cutlery, drying rack with pegs in the laundry, bathroom consumables and a variety of tea & coffee.
Having 4 pools to choose from was a pleasure. Although I never tried the heated indoor pool and spa as it was usually occupied by noisy children, I did make frequent use of the plunge pool outside as it was quieter and still warm. I only tried the larger lap pool once, which was absolutely freezing even in March. Suitable only for people who don't mind the cold or who are more committed than I to getting in their daily laps.
Other facilities such as the 2 gyms, the movie theatre and the bar were also well appointed and I made sure to put each to good use.
As the hotel is situated right on Orchid Ave, you are very close to all the action - both good and bad. There are many great restaurants, pubs and clubs in a small radius which is great for dining and entertainment options. Later at night though, there was no shortage of drunken louts on the street outside. Thankfully they were kept a watch on by local police and a Hilton security guard at the door so I always felt safe, but those not into night life might find it off-putting.
In a similar vein, I did occasionally experience broken sleep from the noise outside. Although this was not the fault of Hilton in any way, Surfer's Paradise is a noisy area. There seems to be no legal limits on the ambient noise levels permitted from nearby restaurants or clubs. The Mantra across the road has a huge movie screen suspended between its towers and every afternoon and into the evening it played advertisements, tv shows and the occasional movie at ridiculous volume. If you're after peace and relaxation, Surfer's Paradise is not the place for you.
All over, if you've got to stay in Surfer's Paradise this is a good option. I would recommend it for the excellent staff and breakfast buffet alone, and if you don't mind the hustle and bustle right outside the front door then you will enjoy a stay here.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Hilton S, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear V80M,

Thank you for your time sharing the experience of your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am please to read that your stay was enjoyable all around and that you were able to utilize our facilities. Your valuable feedback is what drives us to continuing deliver exceptional services to all guests.
Thank you again for the comment, we look forward to welcome you back again at Hilton Surfers Paradise in the near future!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 June 2018

this is our 4th time staying at the Hilton Surfer Paradise Residence. The hotel is situated in the prime location with everything you need. it feels right at home. I love it.. my kids love it.. the only downside is the wifi... the wifi is ridiculously SLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOW.. it took 5 mins to load a page.. i gave up..
apart from that everything else was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton S, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear traveling_w_3_kids,

I am happy to read that overall your stay was great. Your valuable feedback is what drives us to continuing deliver exceptional services to all guests!
I would like to apologise for the inconvenience of the poor internet connection you experienced. I am pleased to advise that Hilton is currently undergoing an upgrade project and we will be changing our Internet connectivity to improve the current speed and signal strength to eliminate such situations as yours. I hope to see you back again on your future travels where this issue will be resolved.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Had a nice weekend there. The rooms were adequate. Bed was a bit hard for me, pillows were feather and I nearly suffocated with my head sinking into them. Requested harder pillow but could only find one in the whole hotel! Surfers paradise is a Great place for people that like to party and stay up all night. Bit much for us older people. The FIX Bar at Hilton was over priced and the service was crap. Took 15 mins to get a drink and there was no one in the place. Disappointing. The name 'HILTON' has lost its appeal.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Robyn V,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience of your stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.
I am sorry to hear about the shortfalls of your stay, your value feedback is important for us to make improvements. It was my pleasure to read that you had a nice weekend.
Thank you again Robyn V.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Over view very jive. With large comfortable bed. Very clean and staff welcoming. Please beware of parking costs which were not made evident when booking through Wotif and only advised when at the booking in desk ($20/day).

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Hilton S, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear gbarnett999,

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased to hear that you found our bed so comfy and hope this made for a relaxing stay! I'm sorry to hear that you were not notified about our parking costs through the external party. Thank you for advising us of this.

We hope to see you back again on your future travels to the Gold Coast.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We booked a King Deluxe room with partial ocean view. Our auto check in email stated it was a twin. When I called they told me to ignore the email that it was a King Deluxe.
To us, a KING bed is a KING bed. What we got for $300 for one night was two twin beds pushed together and made up with king sheets. See the photo.
I did not lodge a complaint but I should have. Anyway, in no way are these dream beds. I cannot understand how any hotel/motel can charge these prices and not offer you a decent bed to sleep on. That's what you need them for....a good bed and clean room.
For a Hilton, this is very poor.
The location was close to the beach but be prepared to sleep with the door closed until 4am. The shouting and screaming and basic uncontrolled public nuisance is enough to make you want to leave! Good luck.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Hilton S, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Phil R,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am deeply sorry to hear that you did not have a comfortable night's sleep. At Hilton we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our accommodation and service. If you do have another moment we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact our hotel directly and our Operations Manager would be more than happy to discuss with you personally.

07 5680 8000