All reviews bbq area the gold coast hinterland view one bedroom apartment full kitchen top floor large balcony washer and dryer tram line good size living room bottle shop cavill ave light rail stayed here for nights pacific fair short stay
Reviewed 2 August 2017

So absolutely disgusted with this hotel.

In terms of the hotel, the rooms are ok but the hallways are in dire need of a reno or at least a coat of paint as it doesn't resemble a hotel at all. Secondly, breakfast was pitiful. There was hardly anything available and i seriously think it could be improved a bit.

Lastly, when you check in, as per usual they ask you to do a pre-authorisation on your credit card until you check out. As we were only staying 1 night, for us this was $100. We were then told it would take 5-10 working days to come back to us which is ridiculous and we have never ever waited this long for our money to be made available in any hotel we have ever stayed at, especially when we made no purchases or charges. We checked in on the 19th of July and here we are, nearly a month later and still waiting for our money to be returned to us! We contacted our major bank who told us that the pre-release form & authorisation from the hotel had never been sent and therefor the money could not be released. They also said that often it never gets done and sits there until it eventually expires after 30 days and then gets sent back! Really disgusting. Upon finding this out, I rang the hotel, only to be rudely spoken over the top of by the agent on duty. Eventually I am told they need to send me a form that I have to fill out and send back to them to request my own money back (everywhere else it is the hotels duty to do this and not the guests). So we do this and we wait... and nothing. Eventually we call our bank and the bank tells us they have the form but it is missing the merchant id number which the hotel always needs to include on the form (hence the reason the guest should probably not be completing it!). So we go back to the hotel and explain again to 2 more people. We are told they don't know the merchant number, they have to contact their bank etc etc etc. Bottom line, we are still waiting for our money. It is totally disgraceful and thankfully we didn't stay longer otherwise the $ amount would have been much higher. It actually isn't even about the $$, it is just plain rude to take someones money and not give it back. Simple. No, we would not stay there again - Back to the Sheraton we go!

1  Thank lilasidle
Management response:Responded 9 August 2017

Hi Lilasidle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your recent stay with us. We are happy to let you know that we have fixed the hallway in the hotel. In regards to your experience around the pre-authorization, I would like to clarify a few comments you have made. Regarding the amount - This is a standard amount and does not change due to length of stay. We do not take the money from the account, it is held by the bank on behalf of the hotel and typically will return within 5- 10 business days. We have taken your feedback on board and do apologize about the inconvenience that this has caused, if you would like to speak further about this please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for Sam Ireland.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2017

My partner and myself stayed at this hotel and found all that was promised was there from very helpful and polite staff to the amenities on hand and an absolutely lovely buffet breakfast
I can highly recommend this establishment the location with restaurants bars and transport virtually at the front door
I will be staying again when we up that way

Room tip: just do yourself a favour and stay there
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 August 2017

Hi BryonBaySwannee,

Thank you for leaving your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be helpful and polite.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are visiting Surfers Paradise.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Good hotel , room seemed a little worn round the edges especially furniture, fittings and carpets seemed tired. Was clean and tidy. Stayed 6 nights and found the apartment style worked well with full kitchen and laundry facilities. Would have rated higher if it wasn't for the high pressure American style sales tactics for timeshares going on during breakfast. Had read previous reviews of the very pyramid style sales tactics and choose to avoid the "special presentation "

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

Hi 95hamishh,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review after your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you found the rooms to be clean and tidy and enjoyed the apartment style accommodation.
We are currently refurbishing our rooms and we look forward to welcoming you back to showcase our improvements.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I was only there for one night with my parents for a funeral ! the sofa bed had wires coming out of it everywhere. The staff didn't want to know about it ! The poor security guard had to bring me up a roll away as he couldn't believe how bad it was. The staff and manager didn't want to know about it and wouldn't even move us to another room !!! That was at the end of June and they still haven't refunded my security deposit. I would never stay here again ! And I most definitely won't recommend it to anyone.

Room tip: Just don't bother !!!
Date of stay: June 2017
Management response:Responded 19 July 2017

Hi mgrant1969,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review after your recent stay. This is definitely not the feedback we like to hear and I would like to speak with you in more detail about it. We have addressed the feedback with our staff that were on shift and have put them through some extra training.
Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for myself so we can resolve the concerns you have raised.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I was stoked to have secured a 2 bedroom apartment for one night, in the heart of Surfers Paradise for six adults (2 bedrooms + a sofa bed) for $320 including buffet breakfast! The room was great - spacious, clean and a huge balcony. The sofa bed was initially broken and didn't pull out properly however maintenance were very attentive and fixed this promptly.

The real issue came the next morning when my party of six, plus parents and nephew from outside the hotel, attended the buffet breakfast. I have travelled extensively and have never seen such a circus! Basically, the kitchen continually did not provide nearly enough amounts of the bacon, powdered scrambled egg, hash browns, bread or baked beans at any one time. This resulted in the small portions which were served being quickly snapped up by the first few people queued up for them, leaving a dozen hungry people having to wait another 10 minutes for the next round to come! The staff were made aware many times but it seemed there was nothing they could do and that perhaps they were use to it. When we asked for more baked beans, we were advised they did not have time to open the tin and heat it up.

By the time I got to the front of the queue, I managed to snag one tablespoon of orange powered egg and a piece of bacon about the size of a beer coaster. On the upside, the bircher muesli was quite nice and plentiful in supply nice so thank god for that.

It was obvious the whole dining room was not impressed. They did forget to charge us for our coffees, though, which I am glad as I probably would have refused given my inability to eat a hot breakfast.

Otherwise, staff are great and hotel itself is nice and clean etc. If you're going to stay, just don't book a room with breakfast!

Room tip: Don't book a rate with breakfast.
Management response:Responded 19 July 2017

Hi Joel I,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you loved the size of the apartment and the location of the hotel. We are glad that we were able to rectify the issue with the bed promptly and do apologize that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. We have addressed this with our food and beverage team and put new systems in place to deliver exceptional experiences for all guests when dining no matter how busy we are.
Thank you for providing us the opportunity to continually improve our service.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are visiting the Gold Coast so we can showcase our improvement.

Warm regards,