“Delicious meal”

Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Pub
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: QLD's largest and most unique craft beer selection. Delectable Cocktails. Unique artisan wines. Keeping in line with the tastes of today, SANDBAR will deliver you menus from sun up to sun down with the introduction of innovative and internationally inspired easy to share, easy to order, and even easier to enjoy breakfast, burgers, salads, share plates, craft beers and cocktail wizardry. You can sit there for weeks and still find something new to try in depths of their extensive and oh so carefully sought out craft beer selection, yep 120 brews - one of the largest selections in Aus. They’ve brought in the best from across the globe to bring you what Surfers has always been asking for; good, wholesome, healthy, and remarkably tasty food and drinks with a fair and friendly price tag. The perfect place for your groups of 10 or your very first date… Whatever the case, SANDBAR’s definitely the place. This sunny social playground encourages customers to wine, dine and take their time with a strong focus on changing the vibe of and creating lasting memories of a Surfers Paradise summer that never ends. “Sunny days, long nights – Good times, all the time. We’ve got you covered.”
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Saturday night and we got in without a reservation. Location is great, atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable too. Didn't order anything fancy, just got fish and chips - absolutely delicious! Also ordered a 'purple rain' cocktail- holy moly it looked good but was a bit sweet for my liking! Glad I tried it though!
Happily go back again with the kids next time as prices were decent too.

Casey S, Guest Relations Manager at Sandbar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hey Gabba,

Thanks so much for your brilliant review and it is so great to hear you had a positive experience with us. We love that you took a chance and tried one of cocktails, sorry that one wasn't for you but luckily that means you'll have to come back and try something else.

We have been a family run business for 20 years now so having great feedback means the world to us, see you again soon!

Thanks again,
Sandbar Team

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Been here many times becuase of the location and frankly the food. The food is very good - the view amazing - the service - well the best I could score the service is a (1) yep one star out of ten. Having waited several times more than 20 mins just to order coffee- once I waited more than an hour for a meal when there was only 5 tables in the entire retrurant - they ( the staff ) were all to busy looking at themselves and chatting each other up than serving their customers.

Luck the food is great and the location sensational or these guys would be broke

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Had dinner here and everyone's meals were really good. Service was just okay. The location is nice, right across from the beach. Nice big patio and cool atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We went to sandbar for a quick meal and drink before our flight out of Gold Coast. The staff gave us a great table, helped us with quick service and the food was great. So was the location. They made our last few minutes in Gold Coast very memorable.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Having visited for lunch late last year with my father visiting from interstate and having an amazing experience with both service and food I was completely floored by my experience this morning.
Having a rare day off with my hubby and no kids we decided to go out for breakfast. We chose Sandbar given its idyllic location across from the beach and great food.
The restaurant was not quite half full... we stood at the ‘wait to be seated’ sign for at least a full 5 minutes being purposely and studiously ignored by at least 4 staff members bustling about doing not much. 3 staff behind the counter looking right at us but continuing their chat and making coffee.
I eventually approached the counter and asked if it was okay to choose a table and take a seat, the dark haired waitress (about 10am Monday 11 June) snappily told me they were under staffed today. Not sure what that meant I asked should I go somewhere else... yes I think you should, she replied!! Really!!! I’ve come across rude wait staff before but the attitude on this one was outrageous. I turned to leave but then thought to ask her name (with every intention of complaining to management). She refused her name but informed me there was at least a 40 minute wait for a coffee, longer for breakfast.
We left and went to Monte Marte on the next corner... twice as busy, friendly welcoming staff and delicious breakfast with the same awesome view!
After last year’s lunch experience I recommended a visit to this place to loads of visiting interstate friends... I now won’t be able to tell enough people not to bother and instead try one of the many other venues nearby who still hold customer service in high regard. Very disappointing. I won’t be back!

6  Thank Mellie0171