All reviewssteakthe main roadcompliments to the chefgreat roomqueen sizestay there againbotanical gardensmini barcomfortable bedsroad noisebruce highwaybedding
Reviewed 24 December 2015

Booked thru Booking.com and requested ground floor unit. There were no ground floor rooms available when we arrived.
Room was big,as was the bathroom.Freezer in fridge froze our esky ice blocks great for the next days travel.
Only one long pillow each,and no microwave .
On the main road opposite a new BP service station,room was very quiet if you close the window.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with the presentation of the rooms that are neat, fresh, very comfortable and great value. Even the mini bar is worth using as the prices are very fair.
As a professional driver, I need flex ability with booking as I manage fatigue on a daily basis and I booked in 4 hrs before arriving at 9.30pm. I was checked in by friendly staff even so late in the day. I highly recommend this property and will stay again when in Rockhampton.
A good nights sleep is critical to me and I was happy to find it here.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2015

Room was nice and staff exceptional. Had a 5 year old excited by the sight of items in the mini bar and was surprised at prices so allowed her a treat. Beautiful setting in pool area and restaurant with a great meal and service, Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Ring friendly staff for great price on what u need.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2015

I went to Rockhampton to visit a friend’s family over the October long weekend. We had seen a couple of negative google reviews but decided to give it a go as we didn’t want to pay a fortune for accommodation. We honestly couldn’t figure out why the complaints as we both really enjoyed our stay. The room was very spacious compared to your usual Motor Inn and there was plenty of room to move around without getting under each other’s feet. I can also tell you that the mini bar is well priced without it breaking the bank. The bathroom was clean and was more like the size of a main bathroom. Being on the main road you would expect to hear the traffic but I can guarantee you won’t. What I enjoyed most about the Rocky Resort was meeting new people at the bar for the NRL final and dining at their restaurant Cloud 9. I wish I had taken photos of all the meals we had at the resort as each one was very memorable. If you love eye fillet as much as I do you have to try their Diamantina Eye Fillet (300g) it was the best eye fillet I have ever had. It was a larger portion than what restaurants usually serve and I’m not complaining it was the best! My travel buddy did not stop talking about the 5hr Smoked Rib Fillet, be warned though it is larger than the eye fillet (350g) so make sure you come in hungry. If you can’t decide what you would like to eat from their menu (which was my dilemma – I didn’t want to get plate envy) can I suggest you go to their reception as they have a booklet which has photos of all the dishes. It may make it more difficult for you to decide but just do what we did and come back the following night. The restaurant is open to the public and we found it very busy whilst we were there so make sure to book or talk to reception if you are staying there. We also had the Crispy Honey Chicken (good size and non-greasy), Salt and Pepper Calamari (calamari was tender and melted in the mouth), Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon Fillet (beautifully cooked) and Twice Cooked Belly Pork (I think the attached picture says it all). I’ll definitely stay there again the next time I’m in Rockhampton and thanks go to the owners Julie and Donald as well as their friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz H
don051058, Owner at Rocky Resort Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Thankyou for your review, glad that you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

This was easy to get to and a great place to stay on the brisbane to airlie drive. Close to lots of food outlets and a swimming pool for the kids. Clean and modern rooms. Fridge and kettle with tea coffee and biscuits provided.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

Thanks for your review hope to see you again next time