1,490 results
All reviews bazaar restaurant moonlight cinema swim up bar buffet breakfast pool area table tennis bedroom villa tennis courts great resort shuttle bus school holidays other resorts pool towels great pool great facilities four mile beach the main street
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have visited this resort in the past for dinners but never really stayed. Wanted to treat my partner with a dinner and stay, so booked in. Check in went well and our room was better than expected. The only criticism was the curtain linings were ripped and the shower door wouldn't close properly. There were dents in the refrigerator door but given that use these must get I suppose it is expected. Dinner was nice but the buffet breakfast was a huge disappointment. The poor chef just couldn't keep up with demand. Given that it was a busy night for the complex, but we would have thought having two chefs on would have alleviated the frustration many guests were experiencing with the food. Glad we stayed but it will definitely be a once off.

Room Tip: Higher floor on end was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RVBoyz
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Great Location. However, customer service was poor to say the least. Reception unattended when trying to check in, had to walk around to find someone. Once checked in went into room to find water all over floor from a fridge that had broken down and defrosted. 4 conversations and 5 hours later I finally was able to get a bucket of ice to chill some milk and a drink. No change of room offered, no communication received about rectifying fridge, nor updated as to what could be done to help. Fridge still not working at check out. To be clear, I made it very clear that if someone could get me some ice to chill some drinks I was happy to bat on without fridge. Despite this as stated it still took 5 hours to get some ice. Whilst trying to check out, there was some glitch with the system and it took quite a considerable amount of time to check out and I was unable to receive a receipt, this was emailed to me later on in the day. Given previous experience it wasn't totally unexpected.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Hoppy88
Jeremy L, Public Relations Manager at QT Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Hoppy88, My sincerest apologies about your recent stay with us, this is certainly not acceptable and we will certainly we looking into what went wrong here as we wholeheartedly strive to create a positive guest experience at every turn. If you'd like to discuss this further please at your convenience reach out to jeremy_lebeuf@evt.com. We'd love the opportunity to welcome you back for much better stay. On a side note I'm thrilled you enjoyed our location, I hope you had a wonderful time exploring Port Douglas' natural wonders.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

The decor of our one bed room attempted to be trendy but only offered 1 small coffee table for storage. Bags had to be kept on the floor. The bed was extremely soft which suited me but my husbands bones did not like it. The sheet and mattress protector were too small for the mattress and did not tuck in, making for an extremely bunched up messy uncomfortable bed. The door to the balcony could not be opened by any normal human so we couldn’t use it. The curtains were old, full of holes and let in a lot of light. The not very clean pool was full of kids and 20 something backpackers taking their Insta photos. Food very average, the buffalo wings were soggy!..upon check out our account was overcharged ...wouldn’t recommend to others unless you are a family with young kids.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wendytravels168
Jeremy L, Public Relations Manager at QT Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Hello wendytravels168, our sincerest apologies for what sounds like a less than desirable stay. We value all our guest feedback, and have taken all of your comments very seriously. This feedback will be addressed immediately with the appropriate departments. We'd love to be able to welcome you back for a truer QT Port Douglas experience. Please feel free to email us on jeremy_lebeuf@evt.com if you’re happy to discuss further. We hope you had a beautiful time in sunny Port Douglas.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We unfortunately were booked in the same night as a big event that was happening there. What made it worse was our room as close to it as you could get. Loud music while trying to sleep doesn’t make for a pleasant stay. To compound this you could hear the upstairs people’s kids running around til their parents got home late at night. Room itself was ok , the bed was A+
Also when you pay for breakfast you have to pay extra on top of an already high price for coffee
The grounds/gardens need attention but still look presentable Swimming pool was very good
Won’t rush back but would visit again

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kuranda S
Jeremy L, Public Relations Manager at QT Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hello Kuranda S I'm very sorry to hear that your first night was the most most peaceful, I hope it was a lot quieter after for the rest of your stay. How fantastic are the beds, you know you're in for the best nights sleep the moment you lay down. I'm surprised that you were let down by the gardens as our passionate Gardner works hard keeping them looking their best and he regularly get high praise for them, however there are some water restrictions for sprinkler use due to the above average dry weather. Thanks for your feedback as it's the best way for us grow. We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to sunny Port Douglas.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We booked the QT after staying at their hotels in Sydney and Canberra which are both quirky with amazing service. The pool was exactly what we wanted, swim up bar, lots of day beds and a heap of sun. Unfortunately that was the best part of our stay, the staff didn’t seem to have a good understanding of what facilities were on offer and didn’t look like they enjoyed their jobs one bit. The rooms were basic, rundown and bland compared to their hotels and the rest the facilities needed a bit of love, especially the bathrooms.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bree P

Hi Bree P thanks for writing in, we appreciate your feedback. Although you loved us poolside and the weather was in it's full tropical glory, I'm disappointing to read that you were let down in other areas. I'm very surprised to hear the staff weren't on point as we regularly get such amazing feed back about their awesomeness. We will be looking into this and your other points regarding the rooms as we genuinely strive for the upmost positive guest experience. We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to where the sun shines for a truer QT Port Douglas experience.