“It's like a private restaurant”

Rasa Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #49 of 132 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Price range: US$15 - US$55
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rasa Restaurant & Lounge offers a relaxing and stylish approach to contemporary dining and lounging. Set amongst lush tropical gardens and overlooking Niramaya's stunning resort pool, Rasa combines Asian inspiration, western culinary customs and hints of molecular gastronomy techniques. This combination delivers truly explosive tastes, with visually and texturally enhanced dishes focusing on regional and local produce. Combined with our unique twist on cocktails, share plates and intimate evening dining, you will find Rasa and its unique Balinese setting special enough for celebrations, yet casual and relaxed enough for everyday dining. At Rasa we do everything with love, so please come and share our unique experience with friends and loved ones.
Reviewed 20 October 2015

It is a beautiful restaurant with an amazing view. It can be very quiet but the way I looked at it, it is like I booked the entire restuarant for me and my wife. The food was really good, the music was cool and the night was romantic. If you don't like quiet places, go to the Courthouse or the Ironbar. I like to change it up.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at Rasa, in which we were delighted by the service and the food was also good, we did unfortunately come across a few issues, thus the rating.

Firstly, Leanne was spectacular. My husband and I, along with the wedding planner met with her two days prior, her guidance and knowledge assisted in the set up, as our wet weather option had to be selected. Leanne then sent two complementary cocktails to our room and I felt this was a lovely touch after quite a stressfully afternoon of rushed wedding adjustments.

The quests were delighted with the cocktail hour food, their favourites included the pork buns and the cold rolls. (I personally didn't try the cocktail food as I wasn't present, due to wedding photos).

Once we were seated the staff attended to each quest and placed fabric napkins in each quests lap, quest were then invited to a choice of wines and beers.

Entree was alternate drop of 'scollop and chorizo or morton bay bugs'. The food was outstanding, however the food was not evenly distributed, this resulted in 7 people in a row having scollops. I personally found this frustrating as I was specifically told it must be even alternate drops and guest could not choose. The food was cooked perfectly and quests were blown away with the morton bay bugs.

Main course was alternate drop of 'chicken or beef eye fillet', this was the biggest let down as all the chicken served to our quests was raw, staff imminently swept in and removed all the chicken plates. My husband and I found this very upsetting as every second guest was without a meal. The chicken was then re-cooked and returned cut up in 3 or four pieces, this was frustrating and embarrassing as quest were being returned someone else food. Looking back on this, i fee this should of been handled in a better way. It still frustrates me that such a big fault occurred.

Overall, the service was great and there wasn't a moment in which my drink was ever empty. The staff apologised on the night for the 'chicken incident' and I appreciate that. The night that I shared with my family and friend was delightful and the venue is absolute beautiful, guests were amazed by how lovely it was.

Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

I went to Rasa Restaurant to have lunch after my day spa at Niramaya. The food was delicious. Service was good and great atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

We visited Rasa to dinner, everything was as perfect as expected.. beautiful cocktails, Delicious asian fusion food, friendly waiters who look after us all the evening.. romantic and amazing place.
According to us, best experience in port douglas !
Highly recommended !

Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

I came here with a friend we had some cocktails, from the moment we sat down we were treated amazingly!
The staff were very attentive and the service was great!
The manger Alvaro was outstanding making sure we were happy and looking out for our every need.
The cocktails were exquisite made very well and put a different twist on each one.
Would defiantly come again!! Beautiful view great people good cocktails!