1,943 results
All reviewspool barmantra port sealap poolsbedroom studiocontinental breakfastminute walkmain poolenjoyed our staybottle shopfour mile beachgreat for familiesgreat poolno lifttennis courtsspa bathclose to townfamily holiday
Reviewed 14 July 2018

This is a family resort so of course it will be noisy with children having fun and that’s to be expected. However no supervision in the evenings meant older teens around the pool area yelling, swearing, and at 12 midnight adults around the pool yelling and moving furniture around turned our stay into a sleepless week. We had 2 rooms and there was no hot water in one of the showers. The lights didn’t work in the main bathroom and the lighting didn’t work on our balcony.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TazzyCat16
EmilyRECEPTION, Guest Service Agent at Mantra PortSea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you for your recent stay. I am sorry to hear of your hot water issues. I cannot see any maintenance requests for such an issue, but can assure you we are quick to respond when informed. I do hope this didn't put too much of a dampner on your holiday.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Please see previous notes to general manager. It was a very unimpressive stay, on the ground floor next to the pool surrounded by families with screaming kids. I love kids but this was just uncalled for. I was in town for my best friends wedding. It was definitely disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Michelle S, General Manager at Mantra PortSea, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear jessicahowell1
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Mantra Portsea. We are a family friendly resort and particularly during school holidays do have a lot of children staying, We do hope you might try us again perhaps during a quieter time of the year.
Michelle Spinks

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

This is our second visit to this hotel. We really enjoyed our stay. Staff were pleasant and helpful
Both times we stayed in a studio apartment which has suited our needs perfectly. Our room was very fresh and modern and well equipped. Furniture looked new and bed was big and comfy.

The breakfast buffet was good and had improved since we were there last time.

We had a hire car but you could walk into town
Probably a 15 min walk.

No restaurant in this hotel but there’s a snack bar open til about 6pm

All in all I’d recommend

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank walden67

Thank you for your great review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your room and stay.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Beds were a bit soft for my liking but not a terrible sleep.

Breakfast had a good range.

Lovely lagoon pool which received winter sun. Hot tub was on the cool side! No toilet facilities poolside. Have to go back to the room or through reception (as far as I was told).

Location is about a 15 minute walk to the top end of town, longer with younger kids. We drove and always found parking.

Clean and well equipped rooms. No need for room service, not sure if this is available. No restaurant on site which didn't bother us.

There was no mentiom of help with our bags. We found our own luggage trolley on arrival and took our bags to our room which didn't bother us but indicates the type of hotel this is with regards to service level...this isn't a complaint, just explaining that this is a brilliantly basic and family friendly hotel. No frills which suited us to a tee.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank missjennypenny100

We love a 5 star review - thank you so much. Its great to see our resoprt suited your needs perfectly. We hopwe to see you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I HAVE attached several photos of the grot in the room even after I approached the staff and specifically detailed the concerns of the mould and the soap scum on the soap rack, the grot in the corner of the room. Unfortunately I was unable to take a photo its show our how the mop cupboard smelt like mould . I was told by the staff that there was a mould problem but its not a problem when i can put soap on a washer and wipe it off my self .
I really don't expect anything more than basic content like vleaniness when I stay somewhere and the mantra portsea failed to meet this most basic standard in more than one way. Maybe compliance checks need to be done or spot checks to keep standards above basic
OCCUPANT OF ROom 65 a and 65 b

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Get Outlook for iOS

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Michelle S, General Manager at Mantra PortSea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hi Kylie
Thank you for providing feedback of your recent stay and I am sorry to hear that there were issues with your apartment. I have discussed the below with our Housekeeping Manager who will be following up with the team to ensure they are more vigilant on the mould in the apartments. We are currently having all shower units in the apartments re-grouted and silicone replaced to remove all of the mould as some of this is not coming off with bleach as it is ingrained, so our contractors have advised that we need to refurbish them completely to ensure ongoing success in this area. I do hope that our staff did follow up and go and clean these areas more thoroughly once we were made aware of the issue. I do apologise that you were faced with this and do hope that in the future you would try us again if ever in Port Douglas.
Michelle Spinks