1,103 results
All reviews swim up bar time share pool area barramundi deluxe room free wifi restaurant staff local shuttle hire car short walk to the beach four mile beach town centre great pool relaxing holiday enjoyable stay full kitchen air conditioner
Reviewed 9 October 2018

we had early check ins and the room setup was excellent - facing pool. the main charm was swimming pool and restaurant. the food quality was excellent. Staff service was also good. Only laundry service was expensive

Room Tip: swimming pool
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
duncanmars, General Manager at Ramada Resort by Wyndham Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Bhavin P,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

I’m delighted you enjoyed the lagoon pool I’ve also shared your positive comments regarding our staff and the restaurant. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Regards

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Overall I was happy with the Hotel however with dim exterior pool lighting & no in pool lighting I found this very disconcerting. The pool is open for kids till 9pm and you couldn't see anything below the surface. Personally I didn't feel this was safe and mentioned it to staff, but they didn't seem concerned.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear 12_Jason_34,

Thank you for your review, unfortunately when the resort was constructed 20 years ago they did not install pool lighting. We are trying to rectify the issue however with 300,000L of water it is not a simple task.

Thank you again for your feedback.

General manager

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The rainforest feel to the resort was relaxing and unique. We loved the friendly staff and prompt service. The whole pool, bar and restaurant area was so convenient for all ages of our group and it’s close proximity to Four Mile Beach was definitely another positive. We will definitely return.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Cathie H,

Thank you for your 5 star review, I am delighted you enjoyed our prompt service and the entire resort.

We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you for staying at Ramada Resort by Wyndham Port Douglas.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Booked well in advance and got an excellent rate. Check in was a smooth process, room clean but a little dated. Resort facilities fantastic, food excellent and service at the bar area couldn't be faulted. My only issue with our stay was the unrelenting sales push to attend a 90 minute session selling Wyndham Timeshare. I was there to relax, not to be harassed and even after telling them quite clearly that I was not interested (3 times) they called again the following day to try again! When I complained at reception, (on signing in I stated not to use my details for marketing) they said it was nothing to do with them, yet they supplied my details and room number. Totally unacceptable and left a very sour taste in my mouth!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank T1081WUjuliea
duncanmars, General Manager at Ramada Resort by Wyndham Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear T1081WUjuliea,

Thank you for your review, Im delighted you enjoyed the resort facilities. Please except my sincere apologies regarding the Sales pitch, this should not happen in this manner and please be rest assured that it will not happen in the future. I appreciate you advising me, once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Great staff make this Ramada a great experience, Shane and Saskia make the breakfast and dinner seamless. Top menu with daily specials gave plenty of choice.
Swimming pool and restaurant area superb.
If coming this way again would always stay here.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear michael L,

Thank you for your 5 star review, I am glad you had a great time and I have shared your review with my team.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future at Ramada Resort Port Douglas.